Is my cat mix persian breed? Can someone can tell me?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She does seem to have some in her background - far though. Her face has a somewhat flattened look to it, with those pronounced jowly cheeks. And, she is long haired. Without knowing her complete background she's domestic long hair but I'd guess somewhere there might be some Persian or similar in her heritage.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I think your cat looks very much like a “traditional” Persian. Not the ones that are bred to have that very flat nose, almost pushed in nose: but the ones that were the original looking ones before selective breeding began. Anyway you look at it, your cat is absolutely adorable :kneading:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat does have a shorter and smaller nose than most cats, which can be an indication of Persian ancestrty. However, Persians, even "traditional" Persians, have a more profuse coat, shorter and heavier body, and shorter legs than your cat... so I don't think your cat has very much Persian ancestry. My guess would be that she is mostly domestic longhair with a bit of Persian in her family tree somewhere.

It's not easy to determine her color from these pictures. She could be silver patched tabby and white (also known as silver torbie and white), blue silver patched tabby and white, or blue patched tabby and white. In any case, she's a pretty girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathybambam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to all for the reply. This is another pic of her. Her name is Cathy. A rescued kitten given from prev owner who running a famous restaurant and didn't have someone or time to managed her, when I think she was 8-10 mths old, prev owner just let go her on street and she was very skinny to the bone. I and prev owner didn't knew she was pregnant at the time and she have miscarriage after that becoz of vaccine. Now she's 1 year and a half. Sorry for my English. I'm from Malaysia.
IMG_20191215_112521.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In this picture I can see her color more clearly. She appears to be silver patched tabby and white (you could also call her color silver torbie and white). She's a beautiful girl, and I'm sure she is grateful that you rescued her.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Although her eyes are not round ,with the shape and slight flatness of her face I do see some Persian there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathybambam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In this picture I can see her color more clearly. She appears to be silver patched tabby and white (you could also call her color silver torbie and white). She's a beautiful girl, and I'm sure she is grateful that you rescued her.
Thank you

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I think she does have Persian in her. She has the look but not the more recent super squashed face. Pretty girl🐾

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I do believe she has Persian in her. What a cute face.