Is my cat male or female?

mabes122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I was told by someone who found this kitten that it was a female. I checked and always looked like a male but they sounded like they knew and the kitten went to get right after. The vet has seen the kitten multiple times and has said the kitten is a female. Here I am again questioning and I need an answer. Thank you!

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How would the vet not know?!!
Most of the time, I've noticed, if you say the cat is male or female they just take your word for it and put that on the chart, and the vet never even looks unless you ask specifically. I think they should, routinely, because cats are so ambiguous, not like dogs, but they don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mabes122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of the time, I've noticed, if you say the cat is male or female they just take your word for it and put that on the chart, and the vet never even looks unless you ask specifically. I think they should, routinely, because cats are so ambiguous, not like dogs, but they don't.
Yes I think that’s what happened. I do agree they should have seen it or checked especially for a first check up of a new animal but I will make it aware to them next time because we were setting up an appointment to get him fixed.