Is my cat going to be large?

Chibi-Miki13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a male cat named Krieg I got fixed as a kitten ( the vet said he was likely around 4 months old-- 2 months younger than his "sister") He weighed roughly the same weight as his sister Binxy.

Now he is likely around 6 months old and he is the same size as my adult ( around maybe 9 pounds? It may not be accurate as all I have is a regular scale I stand on then stand on with my cats to get a rough weight) I read around 6 months is usually about half weight for a cat so is he going to be twice the size of the other two!?

Is Binxy unusually small? she is 8 months and a pound smaller than Krieg.

Krieg: the white one with points "ragdoll like" look
Binx: the black cat
Lusi: the calico

20191021_174208_by_points_for_paws_ddlac3a-pre.jpg
\

extra pic of Krieg for cuteness

image_468779_19700119_000254_by_points_for_paws_ddlaca3-pre.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This may be diffficult to know. My late Vagis, was a biggish kitten, but become a smallish adult...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chibi-Miki13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is odd to say but he feels like a " big cat" you know? Binx looks slim built but Krieg is thicker. I mean it does not matter however it turns out I love all 3 so much! Krieg is goofy and clumsy so it would be kinda fitting for him to grow to be a big fluffy boy lol. Sometimes he gets his sisters mad but he is a " flopper" A lot of the time he flops if his sisters hiss or swat (if he is annoying them) I only worry about his love to lay on us if he gets too bit lol

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Nine pounds does seem heavy for a six month old, so my guess is yes, he probably will be a larger cat but you really can’t tell until the one year mark. Some cats grow til past a year and others may reach their full size earlier.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Tiger was small when I rescued him, now he's a monster, LOL... genes play a part in determining size, but good food and plenty of exercise can make a cat BIG, and I don't mean FAT, I mean LARGE!!! Tiger reminds me of Wingnut in Coronado, that cat also grew to an unusually large size, and like Tiger he was very active and he had plenty of good nutritious food. :bluecat:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Males are normally quite a bit bigger than females. But it is hard to say how big your cat will be until he stops growing. Cats can grow at different rates, some grow quickly and then stop, while others continue to grow slowly for a long time.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
This is a funny thread 😆. Cats are great, as we all know! I’m sort of worried about my male kitten, Lucca because he is an absolute lunch bucket! He was slightly underweight when I adopted him from the humane society here in Bend. Now he’s almost a little butterball lol: I’ll show you what I mean. The first pic is the day I adopted him October 10th. The last one is him tonight...
B8BB6EF1-5E07-44F4-8351-F4A3F806B975.jpeg

Attachments

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think Binx is unusually small. My younger cat is two years old and she's much smaller compared to my other cat, who is only a year older.

My brother used to have a brother-sister pair. The male grew to be quite large, but his sister was tiny.