Is My Cat Going Into Labor/giving Birth Now

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooo fingers crossed for you both. Sounds like she's ready bless her. Their last week is like our last month so I know how fed up they are by this point!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ive never had a kid so I cant relate to her but I can only imagine how uncomfortable she is she hasnt been herself these last couple days I just wish it would hurry up so she can go back to being herself

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her stomach seems hard today
Shes still jumping around my room though do they normally calm down before they give birth or will she be going nuts until it happens haha

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Day 63 today guys shes due at any time Im so excited

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes meowing alot and if i try and pet her she scratches me so I have an arm full of scratches haha shes hungry but she isnt eating she keeps walking to the bowl and picking up a piece then spitting it out

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nothing yet im hoping today or tomorrow

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Safaria you haven't mentioned any vaginal discharge which happens prior to the beguining of labor. You may have to wait a little while. I understand your impatience.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shes had discharge but only small amounts and she cleaned it up right away but that was yesterday and nothing yet so Yeah its just a waiting game

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shes started to attack the dad cat (toby) today she full on started biting at his throat which she has never done before normally all they do is snuggle
If she is close to having her kittens, it's generally a good idea to separate her from other cats in the household. It's natural for her to want to establish her own safe space and to feel protective of her kittens. I suggest keeping her in her own room (a bedroom is good) and setting her up with her own litterbox, food and water, and a nice comfortable nest to have her kittens in.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she is close to having her kittens, it's generally a good idea to separate her from other cats in the household. It's natural for her to want to establish her own safe space and to feel protective of her kittens. I suggest keeping her in her own room (a bedroom is good) and setting her up with her own litterbox, food and water, and a nice comfortable nest to have her kittens in.
I just feel bad for toby because hes just trying to cuddle with her or groom her and she tries to tear his throat out lol

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No he isn't I cant afford it sadly but I will be getting aria fixed as soon as possible probably in about 2 months Ill be able to and until then Ill just keep him away from her

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? We can help you to find a low cost clinic in your area.

She can get pregnant again any time after delivery, so you will need to keep them 100% separate.
Amarillo,TX. And yeah I will Ive set tobys food and water up in the bathroom and he wont be allowed in my room until it happens.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Ill get them both fixed
How soon after a cat has kittens can she be fixed?