Is my cat expected to deliver soon?

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I have a year-and-a-half old American Bobtail and she's pregnant I've noticed for the last few days that her nipples have gotten darker and are losing hair around them, her belly has been big for at least 2 weeks and I've noticed movement within the last 4 days. this is her first litter and this is new to me, but today I've noticed that she is not sitting in one spot for more than 5 to 10 minutes she still has been eating regularly I'm just anxious to know when she should be close to having them

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When was she bred? That is the best way to determine her due date.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When was she bred? That is the best way to determine her due date.
To be. Honest i have no clue she got out of the house a time or two and i didnt even noticed she was pregnant until about January 4th I noticed her nipples were bigger than usual her belly wasn't grounded yet but I've noticed it's grown a lot in the past couple weeks and I can visibly see the babies move

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, since you said she was an American Bobtail I assumed you were breeding her intentionally. (The American Bobtail is a pedigreed breed. A bobtailed cat that doesn't belong to any specific breed would be a bobtailed domestic shorthair.)

Usually cats "pink up" around 3 weeks after they have been bred... if you noticed that she pinked up around January 4th, my guess would be that she is about 6-7 weeks pregnant now, and she will be due to have her kittens in 2-3 weeks or so.

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, since you said she was an American Bobtail I assumed you were breeding her intentionally. (The American Bobtail is a pedigreed breed. A bobtailed cat that doesn't belong to any specific breed would be a bobtailed domestic shorthair.)

Usually cats "pink up" around 3 weeks after they have been bred... if you noticed that she pinked up around January 4th, my guess would be that she is about 6-7 weeks pregnant now, and she will be due to have her kittens in 2-3 weeks or so.
Thank you for the Advice 😊 ill be updating the thread as soon as i see pre labor signs

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the Advice 😊 ill be updating the thread as soon as i see pre labor signs
Sounds good! :) Be sure to keep her 100% indoors until the kittens are weaned and you can have her spayed, since she can come into heat and get pregnant again very shortly after birth, and that wouldn't be healthy for her or the kittens.

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds good! :) Be sure to keep her 100% indoors until the kittens are weaned and you can have her spayed, since she can come into heat and get pregnant again very shortly after birth, and that wouldn't be healthy for her or the kittens.
I will be for sure! One litter will be enough 😂 i am glad i do get have this experience with her though💕

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Momma is now in labor started about 15 minutes ago! Pray for safe delivery 💕

bobtailedcutie23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had one last night around 8 o clock and was content and didnt have another till 9 am this morning she has been just feeding and cleaning them its now 12:30 and no signs of discomfort or pushing although i still think she has a couple more left