Is my cat depressed? :( Please help...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persiancatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also I want to say that Harry's appetite hasn't increased. Hes still eating the bare minimum and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some high calorie yummy foods for him? Thanks

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by persiancatlover

I'm sorry about your Kitty! I would like to point out Harry isn't a outside cat. Its hard to explain but we kinda built a outside house for our cats that has a roof and gate doors around it. They can't get out unless one of us opens the door. We have coyotes where we live so our animals NEVER go outside.
That's great. Most of us who truly love our cats believe in keeping them indoors-only wherever we live, for their protection from ALL the nasties that are out there. It just makes good sense -- and anyone who doesn't think so can read all of the tragic stories from people who never thought it would happen to THEIR loved one...and learn from them.

persiancatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

That's great. Most of us who truly love our cats believe in keeping them indoors-only wherever we live, for their protection from ALL the nasties that are out there. It just makes good sense -- and anyone who doesn't think so can read all of the tragic stories from people who never thought it would happen to THEIR loved one...and learn from them.
Oh I totally agree with that. I know some people that have lost their cats to coyotes,racoons,bobcats,car accidents,etc. A few years back, my big ginger male cat escaped from our house one day and we never saw him again. Its just better to keep them in your home where you know they are safe

persiancatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Nutri cal ...
Yes, I've already been giving Harry nutri cal. The molasses brown sticky stuff, right? He eats a little bit of it but still not as much as I would want him to. My other cats love it but harry has always been a picky eater. Let me know if there is anything else because I plan to go to the store soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by persiancatlover

Oh I totally agree with that. I know some people that have lost their cats to coyotes,racoons,bobcats,car accidents,etc. A few years back, my big ginger male cat escaped from our house one day and we never saw him again. Its just better to keep them in your home where you know they are safe
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE
Sure glad you feel that way! Our CATS are our first priority, after all...

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until he has seen the vet I would feed him only wet food - if he has an obstruction or block in his bowels then dry food will make it worse. It is not correct that wet food is bad - it helps prevent UTIs and makes sure the cat has enough moisture. The old stories about dry food helping their teeth have been shown to be false. Try him with some lightly cooked minced chicken meat in its own juice with a little boiled rice, no salt or additives. Or some tuna juice can help stimulate the appetite, but don't overdo it. Good luck with him, you are doing hte right thing by consulting a vet you trust.

persiancatlover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Until he has seen the vet I would feed him only wet food - if he has an obstruction or block in his bowels then dry food will make it worse. It is not correct that wet food is bad - it helps prevent UTIs and makes sure the cat has enough moisture. The old stories about dry food helping their teeth have been shown to be false. Try him with some lightly cooked minced chicken meat in its own juice with a little boiled rice, no salt or additives. Or some tuna juice can help stimulate the appetite, but don't overdo it. Good luck with him, you are doing hte right thing by consulting a vet you trust.
Wow I didn't know that dry food about dry food. I've noticed lately that Harry has been having trouble to go to the bathroom. He grunts and is very uncomfortable everytime he feels the urge to go. His litter box seems empty to me so of course I'm worried. Is it from the lack of food maybe?