Is my cat crossed with a lynx/bobcat?

pastametaphor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

So I live out in the mountains and I found this sweetheart hiding under my house about 4 months ago. (I would like to add that I have in fact seen a bob in my area). Two of my neighbors had also found 2 kittens hiding in their yard, however, all of them including the neighbors who were responsible for the kittens in the first place, have short black white or orange fur. I'm not quite sure how old this cat is but she has grown and thinned out quite a bit. My other kitten at the time was about 3-5 months old and I'm assuming they were around the same age. (Both kittens are from different litters). I've done a bit of research but I am no cat expert and I want to make sure I'm not treating her like a regular house cat. The personality traits seem spot on, she loves being around people, being held, and being by my side 24/7, but my other cat can get a little rough with her and scares her away when they play. Any comments or answers will be helpful.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In nearly every instance, Bobcats and Lynx see domestic cats exactly as people see Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it's possible.  It's just one of those things that doesn't match up.
IF it was possible like is with Savannahs or Bengals, it would have been done by now in captivity, with lab assistance, or in a lab.

You have an awesome kitty and it would sure be cool if it was a bobcat hybrid though.

As for traits/behaviors?  ALL cats behave differently.  Not sure a person can go by how a cat acts to determine origins.  
The closest thing I know to compare a bobcat to is a Lab Puppy on speed.
Be thankful though. If a bobcat hybrid was possible, I'm fairly certain there's ONE trait/behavior that would remain. If you can take your cat's food bowl away from him, he's not part lynx. View media item 396935

Last edited: