Is my cat close to the end?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it appears to be her milk, which can come in up to a week before labor and delivery. Do you know how far along she is?

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my first time being a cat mum to a female I have 3 males all sprayed. We know she is far on she is in her last couple of weeks, I am getting her sprayed after she had her litter. Is there anything I should look out for ?

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it appears to be her milk, which can come in up to a week before labor and delivery. Do you know how far along she is?

Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

This is my first time being a cat mum to a female I have 3 males all sprayed. We know she is far on she is in her last couple of weeks, I am getting her sprayed after she had her litter. Is there anything I should look out for ?

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it a sign when my queen miaowing and is lying on her back allowing strokes on her belly that she may be in labour ??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat is due any day now. But my male cat is not neutered he has become very cross and wants to mate with my pregnant girl cat I have separated her to a room of her own. Is this the right thing to do? Has anyone else experienced this I am getting him booked in this week to be neutered.

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, you definitely want to keep them separated :)
I just feel awful for her having to stay in one room, I know it’s for her and the kittens safety.
do the female normally realise some sort of hormones before labour and is this why my male is like this with her x

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I was once told by my vet that a female who is about to give birth gives off the same hormonal scent as one in heat. If your female is this close to giving birth, she needs to be in a safe, quiet space. Monitor the male once the birth has occurred as well.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try some Cat Music for her, and maybe him too along with maybe a plugin calming product? There are chews, wipes and calming collars too.

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was once told by my vet that a female who is about to give birth gives off the same hormonal scent as one in heat. If your female is this close to giving birth, she needs to be in a safe, quiet space. Monitor the male once the birth has occurred as well.
Thank you I did think that too x

Emmag92

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try some Cat Music for her, and maybe him too along with maybe a plugin calming product? There are chews, wipes and calming collars too.
I will try the cat music I already have a plug in, I’m just very impatient and excited for kittens to arrive. It will be my first time x