Is my cat close to Labour ??

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all!

so I have been creeping all the threads for 10 days now. Here is the situation... we have a cat who was an indoor cat but loved to get out , she never got pregnant so we started letting her pretty much have free roam outside. We didn’t think she could get pregnant as she is 3 and it has never happened . ANYWAYS long story short , saw her outside looking fat 10 days ago, picked her up and her tummy was hard and nipples were big. I knew she was pregnant. So we brought her in, she’s been way cuddlier then normal, sleeping lots , purring , panting occasionally and she keeps trying to get in myoldest sons room. She looks like she has dried white scabs on her nipples , bottom two nipples feel full and I have been feeling little kitten movements for 9 days. I have no idea when she mated as she is outside most of time...how far along do you think she is ? And yes , spaying her after this birth!
thank you !
picture in box is from tonight ,
One on floor of tummy is from a week ago

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I saw these. They are great articles, thank you! Seems from what I have read, cats going into labour is such a waiting game. It’s exciting to me to hear you think she is close ! Tonight she hasn’t left her nesting box I gave her, just sleeping in it

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
cats going into labour is such a waiting game.
It is :) hang in there!

Oh, by the way can you let her in to the room she's asking for? It's often best to allow whatever she requests, trying to deny or "argue" never works and can run the risk of abandoned kittens :).

Also, if you aren't already, get some kitten food to feed to her for the extra nutrition she'll need.

Last edited:

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We would really prefer she not birth in the oldest boys room as he has a noisy environment and will not let us in regularly to watch kittens (16).
She’s resting now in her nesting box ! We got some kitten food as I read that helps them! What was your car like before labour ?

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I shaved her tummy just to get rid of some of the fur. Still pregnant... I feel like she is jerking me around lol. She has been sleeping lots in her box , can feel babies moving . Sometimes I wonder if she is faking pregnancy ;)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you feel the kittens moving, delivery probably not immediate, even if it seems so. They usually do drop a couple of days before delivery; ie she suddenly seems less pregnant, and you dont feel the kittens as clearly; because they are now further down and more squeezed...

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was thinking that she looked smaller today , wondered if she maybe had the babies and I missed it or if her being pregnant was all in my head lol ;) no she’s Definately pregnant.
also noticed today that if I lightly squeeze nipples , clear fluid comes out ? It did it on a few is this Normal? She’s sleepy today , tried going in my closet but didn’t seem to find a comfy spot !

Attachments

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s good ! Laying beside me, sleeping and wanting me to pet her. Grooming herself a lot. I’m guessing sometime in the next week, although really I don’t know !!! I’m an anxious cat grandma lol

Attachments

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you ! It’s nice to have someone to talk to about her as I wait!!!♥♥

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol!!
Ok ladies so yesterday I noticed a bit of clear milk that comes out of her nipples. She seems smaller , and when I felt a kitten kick earlier it was near her very lower tummy /vag area. (Definately a kitten kicking). She had a few treats this morning and almost immediately threw them back up. She’s been eating less and sleeping a lot more in her box today.... what’s going on???

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be getting close, or just having a rough day.
Could be for sure ! Given the fact that we brought her in two weeks ago now and she was already showing , big nipples AND could feel kitten movement she must be close !