Is my cat close to Labour ??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
So I noticed this morning mommy cat leaving the nest a little more where as the last three days , she didn’t leave it at ALL . Is this ok? Nothing drastic, just walking around leaving baby in nest , and then going back

Furballsmom

Cat Fan especially Black Cats
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
It sounds just about right. I think she's a very good Mama, and feels comfortable now that her baby will be ok for that little bit of time, which will increase as the days go along. Take photos, --I know you are, this time doesn't last long :)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hermionesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Reaction score
It sounds just about right. I think she's a very good Mama, and feels comfortable now that her baby will be ok for that little bit of time, which will increase as the days go along. Take photos, --I know you are, this time doesn't last long :)!
Thank you for reassuring me ! She’s been great today :) she’s up to 146 grams! 60 since birth in 3 days !

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
I see Mama Kitty keeping an eye on her baby. Please make sure the kitten stays warm the first 3 weeks.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
yes, do you have a heating pad turned in low in the nest underneath the blanket/towel she and mom lay on,. positioned so that she can scoot off the heated area if she gets too warm. The reason I mention this is because she has no siblings to snuggle with when mom is away from the nest taking a break to keep warm against. :)