Is My Cat British Long Hair Or A Persian?

British Long Hair or Persian

• BLh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Persian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Usman390

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I hope everyone is doing okay
I just wanted to ask is my Hazel a persian or a british long hair.
He is less than 4 months old
Here are some pictures of him
The pictures are from 2 months to 3.5 months age.
I buyed him when he was 40 days old His parents have almost the same face but are too much fluffier than him
BeautyPlus_20181206182029562_save.jpg
BeautyPlus_20181123161906023_save.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-03-15-05-15-1.png
20181123_160954.jpg
20181123_160958.jpg

Kindly tell me please.
Thanks

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s gorgeous! Do you have pedigree papers for him? If not, he would be called a cream Domestic Longhair. I think Persian lookalike is the closest, and I definitely think it’s possible that he has some Persian ancestry, since his profile is pretty flat (like a doll-face Persian. British Longhairs have a bit more of a muzzle, and a rounder, larger head.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would guess from looking at your cat that he is either a doll-faced or pet quality Persian, or a Persian mix. Although British Longhairs are somewhat similar in appearance, they are uncommon enough that Persian ancestry is more likely.

In the early years of the cat fancy, British Shorthair and Persian cats were crossed frequently, and consequently, Persians and British Shorthairs/Longhairs are very close genetically... they are so closely related that I was told by a feline geneticist that it's difficult to distinguish between British Longhairs and Persians if you are just looking at the DNA. Of course, show quality Persians have a very flat face, as a result of many generations of selection for extreme features, but the two breeds go back to much the same original breeding stock.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Usman390

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s gorgeous! Do you have pedigree papers for him? If not, he would be called a cream Domestic Longhair. I think Persian lookalike is the closest, and I definitely think it’s possible that he has some Persian ancestry, since his profile is pretty flat (like a doll-face Persian. British Longhairs have a bit more of a muzzle, and a rounder, larger head.
Yes I do have the pedigree papers available but the only reason I asked was to confirm because he also looks like british long hair by face

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I do have the pedigree papers available but the only reason I asked was to confirm because he also looks like british long hair by face
I think he looks like a Persian in the face. The Persians that you see in cat shows are brachycephalic, meaning flat-faced. There are some breeders who breed “doll-face Persians”, who have a bit more of a muzzle, like your lovely kitty, but in all lines of Persians, there will be varying degrees of face profile. If his papers say that he is a Persian, then you can be 100% sure that he is, in fact, a Persian. The pedigree papers are like a “certificate of authenticity”.