Is my cat about to give birth?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be feeding mom cat kitten food, both wet and dry. Continue when she delivers and as long as she is nursing kittens. Maybe add a saucer out wo per day of Kitten Milk Replacement (KMR) (buy dry) while she is nursing. She will need the extra fat, protein, and minerals as long as she is nursing the kittens! Good luck! And keep us updated! Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abby2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has wet and dry in two separate saucers but is showing no interest in the dry food whatsoever. I will definitely have the KMR ready for her. Thank you! And I will update as soon as something happens

Abby2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet, still eating the same, and being overly affectionate. The past 2 days she has stepped into the nesting box I made her and laid down for a bit which has been the first time she's done that but that's all, nothing else new

Abby2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she’s panting definitely sounds like she’s in labour and she wants you to be with her, maybe stay with her ? Keep us updated and goodluck!
I'm with her now, shes pacing but her water hasn't broke that I'm aware of and I'm not noticing any discharge

Abby2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does sound like the first stage of labour, how long has she been doing that for ?
Like 2 days ago she started eating less, and yesterday started panting on and off she'll pant and then stop, then sit up and whine and walk around a little; while whining then fall back asleep. She steps in and out of her box but never longer than like 10 seconds. And the kittens inside of her have been sooo active, more than I've ever seen them

Deshart2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Normally panting, whining and pacing are all the first stage of labour and they should usually move on to the second stage within 24 hours

Abby2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So most likely sometime today? If she started yesterday morning.