Is my cat a Snowshoe?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is as you so nicely say it; a lucky genetic mix that resembles a Snowshoe.

If nothing else, this breed as such is rare, and more or less extinct...

but he could surely get hours employment as a stand if for a snowshoe, even if perhaps not a full time stand in job.... The real snowshoes bere based on siameses, so they were somewhat more slender and prolonged than your boy.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lovely boy 🙂 Snowshoes, Ragdolls and such were created by mixing and matching cats with Siamese ancestry. Your boy is probably a similar look by chance but who knows what genes were in the feral colony. Ragdolls are popular, so maybe one helped sire cats in the colony. Snowshoes I think are more rare.
We had a kitten with a similar Snowshoe look from a black and white short haired mother at the shelter I volunteer at.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ringothekitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lovely boy 🙂 Snowshoes, Ragdolls and such were created by mixing and matching cats with Siamese ancestry. Your boy is probably a similar look by chance but who knows what genes were in the feral colony. Ragdolls are popular, so maybe one helped sire cats in the colony. Snowshoes I think are more rare.
We had a kitten with a similar Snowshoe look from a black and white short haired mother at the shelter I volunteer at.
Ringo appreciates the kind words! Interestingly enough, there was a cat with seal-point coloration very similar to Ringo at the shelter that also came from a feral colony... I can't confirm if they are related but they certainly look similar. Ringo also had a couple of kittens with a black cat before he was trapped (pictures attached).

FB_IMG_1626869189957.jpg
FB_IMG_1626869241986.jpg