Is my cat a smoked turkish angora?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are definitely some resemblances, but without papers, the question is moot. The color appears to be grey smoke, when you part the fur, are the roots white? The chances of a Turkish angora not being with a breeder is almost nonexistent, but in a cat's background, who knows? Any kittens from a breeder are usually sterilized too when put out in the public. Your little one would be considered a grey smoke domestic long hair, or DLH. What a gorgeous cat! I love the shading in the fur.......

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, looks like a black smoke longhair -- imo, her extremities and face are too dark for blue smoke :> Very gorgeous proportions! The cat nerd in me really appreciates the shape and set of the ears on her head. And look at that tail!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat!

I agree, I would also describe your kitty as a black smoke domestic longhair.

I'm not seeing a strong resemblance to the Turkish Angora breed in these pictures. Most cats aren't any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less pretty or special... your cat is really gorgeous! Black smoke is such a fun, mysterious color, too :)

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
SamAPCat SamAPCat
Hi,
Long haired cats in the west originated in part from Angora (Ankara) cats. So if you have a domestic long hair, these cats are in your cats ancestry. Beautiful looking cat and yours as well Skyzza92 Skyzza92 .

Rosina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After looking online for hours comparing photos and personality traits, I swear my cat must be a turkish angora. here are some pics
Waw, it looks exactly like our cat. 😊

Attachments