Is my cat a Russian blue or a Korat?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! He looks like a happy guy, too... that's a great stretch! :) What's his name?

I would describe your handsome fellow as a blue domestic shorthair. Solid blue is a color that is frequently seen in the domestic cat, and doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Other than the blue color, I'm not seeing a resemblance in these pictures to either of those breeds you mentioned. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... domestic shorthairs are great cats!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks more Russian Blue to me- his eyes are large, almost round shape, and wide apart. He is very handsome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amritas02

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's gorgeous! He looks like a happy guy, too... that's a great stretch! :) What's his name?

I would describe your handsome fellow as a blue domestic shorthair. Solid blue is a color that is frequently seen in the domestic cat, and doesn't indicate specific breed ancestry. Other than the blue color, I'm not seeing a resemblance in these pictures to either of those breeds you mentioned. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... domestic shorthairs are great cats!
oh ok. Thanks for the clarification :) His name is Bowser and he is an 8 month old naughty kitten :)