is my cat a persian

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
can someone tell me if this persian kitten is a pure bread the pic is my profile pic

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
can someone tell me if this persian kitten is a pure bread the pic is my profile pic
What a cutie!! did you buy the kitten from a reputable breeder? Were you given papers for him? Your profile picture is small but to me (I am no expert), he looks like a doll faced Persian and if I'm not mistaken, they are not considered show quality. They are pet quality. I have 2 myself. Without papers they are considered to be domestic longhaired. I will defer to @posiepurrs  on this one though. She has 2 gorgeous show quality Persians. She will more than likely ask you to post some more (bigger) pics of your kitten who really is adorable, by the way. I am a sucker for those sweet faces. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i got the papers his passport and birth certificate your right i asked my vet he said its a teacup doll face Persian and i got him from a qualified breeder.

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have two cats the female is show quality but i like them the same.

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View media item 280826
is this a doll face or traditional persian i have the papers and passport but just asking.

tissa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Persians have a flat face. Your kitten doesn't. He does look like he might have Persian in him tho

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your kitten does look Persian. The doll faced (traditional) Persian has a more pronounced nose than the standard for Persians accepted for show today. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Persian

Look at the white cat in the picture on the right in the link. Look familiar?

I have 2 doll faced Persians myself. They are gorgeous cats. Your kitten is absolutely precious. 

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks his parents hair was like really long so I was just thinking his hair isn't really long. but I got him checked out and he`s a traditional triple

coated Persian.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

thanks his parents hair was like really long so I was just thinking his hair isn't really long. but I got him checked out and he`s a traditional triple

coated Persian.
One of my two has the longer hair and one has shorter hair but it's still longer than my DSH male. Do yourself a favor and get him used to a grooming routine ASAP. My Sophie's hair length looks similar to your kitten's. That is a really cute little baby.