Is My Cat A Nebelung?

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would say a very good look alike to a Nebelung. No way of telling for sure without papers or a DNA test. Very pretty cat though! He or She and name? Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oodoolover1014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Nala!!! I don't have any papers unfortunately, but her paw pads are almost a grayish pink color, but not the normal pink you see on cats they almost look grey to me and no creme spots at all she's solid grey/blue!

Oodoolover1014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Below are some other photos one of her fur puffed up and one of the long hairs between her toes (from what I understand both characteristics of a nebelung) thoughts?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Below are some other photos one of her fur puffed up and one of the long hairs between her toes (from what I understand both characteristics of a nebelung) thoughts?
Yes, Nebelungs should have generous tufting between their toes. Can I see a picture of her paw pads?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They look lavender pink to me! That color is accepted for Nebelungs. Still can't be completely sure unless you get a DNA test done, though.

Oodoolover1014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess when I looked early her wittle paws were just dirty! Do you know how I could go about getting her a DNA test? And is it possible that he might be half nebelung?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here are some links to different DNA tests:
Cat Ancestry
Basepaws

It's possible she's half Nebelung, but she could also be a quarter Nebelung, or an eighth Nebelung, it's just hard to tell, it depends on how she expresses her genes. It's also a possibility she doesn't have any Nebelung ancestry at all, she's just doing a good job imitating one. Basically, we can't be sure unless you get a DNA test done.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a pretty baby and such a beautiful color! Is the hair as silky as it looks in the pictures?

Oodoolover1014

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh my god yes!!! Her hair is sooo soft and fluffy I've never seen another cat like her. She is the ultimate cuddle bug and she loves her belly rubbed She's my whole world in a little fur ball ❤❤

Attachments