Is my cat a mixed breed with a british shorthair?

Tiofp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So we have had him for over 5 years and my mother has been thinking that he maybe is a mixed breed with a british shorthair because of his round head and his thick fur he is also pretty big can anyone comfirm or deny this?
20201201_001147.jpg

20201201_001126.jpg

20201201_001742.jpg

Attachments

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here to deny LOL
He's a big ole' domestic shorthair. Reputable breeders don't allow their cats to randomly breed with other cats. Or even on purpose. There are no accidents in their breeding programs.
Plenty of large size roundish head cats in the general population of domestic cats. We had a reddish boy that was also plusher than the usual short hair cat, but he certainly was not "mixed" - he was domestic.
He's quite handsome and is as special as any other cat out there and it's lovely you rescued him. He looks quite content living with you!

Last edited:

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I love his rich red color :redheartpump:

I would also describe your cat as a red tabby domestic shorthair. I'm not seeing a resemblance to the British Shorthair in these photos, so if he does have any British Shorthair ancestry, he's hiding it well :) Most cats are not any particular breed.