Is My Cat A Main Coon Or Mix?

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found her about 7 months ago after I realized she has been abandoned by my evicted neighbors. Since then she's literally become a huge cat. Not fat, but big. Bigger than my other cats and almost 3x the size of my other females. Very docile, intelligent, figured out how to open doors, loves the water, and seems extremely personable with me.
When I first brought her inside she immediately tried to play with my dog. And with her beautiful coat being long she really doesn't shed at all. I just brush her with my styling brush to help her coat. I posted threads when I found her and I assumed she was part main coon due to her look. People with main coons missing messaged me and even came to triple check the cat wasn't there's.

Here are some pictures of her. You cant tell but she's taking up half the couch.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont know what to say. But I want to send you and this beautie a purraise each. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know what to say. But I want to send you and this beautie a purraise each. :)
She's a beautiful cat for sure! The only distinctive thing about her and people looking for their main coons online is that she has back white paws. Other than that she's almost identical to some people who messaged me to the point they drove to triple check.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the missing cats are certfied maine coons, and she is a copy of them save the white socks; so here you do have your answer.
:). She is a true "copy cat". :)

Er - maine coon copy.

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the missing cats are certfied maine coons, and she is a copy of them save the white socks; so here you do have your answer.
:). She is a true "copy cat". :)

Er - maine coon copy

True! Just was more curious if she actually was or not. She has so many mannerisms I haven't seen in other cats. She doesn't really chirp at me but she does it to other people to literally just get a reaction from them. Its hilarious. She's better with dogs than other cats tho. Despite being twice their size she doesn't pick fights and just hides.

Attachments

FaBEAR

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She definitely has the MC fluff between her paw pads and also the side profile of one too! My little big guy has same. We also think he's a maine coon.

Similar side profile to my guy

Faikey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She definitely has the MC fluff between her paw pads and also the side profile of one too! My little big guy has same. We also think he's a maine coon.

Similar side profile to my guy
Those ear tuffs! Beauty. My cat has a the same head shape as yours too. My little girl (well big girl) has a huge main. I think I found her young because since I've had her she's nearly doubled in size. She's so long she takes up half the length if the king size bed when stretched out. She also knows some pretty cute tricks..like how to turn door knobs using both her paws to rotate it.