Is my cat a Bombay?

Taylormae531

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I recently just learned about Bombay cats after googling possible health issues with my cat, I saw a cartoon of a black cat that looked just like him and when I clicked on it it brought me to this article listing nine different characteristics to tell if your cat is a Bombay. My cat Spooks literally meets every criteria minus the one white tuft of far on his chest. But he’s got the black nose the black paw pads he’s super snuggly super inquisitive looks almost identical to every other picture of a Bombay cat I’ve googled. I Haven’t been able to come to a clear determination though and whether Bombay as I have to be completely black or if they can have a little bit of white.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's unlikely as the bombay breed is quite rare. And I believe they have no white at all. Alot of black cats are all black so its just too hard to tell really. More then likely is a domestic short hair and just has a wonderful personality. I do find that black cats do tend to be sweethearts :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We would all like to see some pictures of Spooks, so we can admire how handsome he is :)

It is normal for black cats to have a black nose and black paw pads. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less gorgeous or special. Black domestic shorthairs are great cats!

If you google Bombay cat pictures, you will find a lot of pictures of black cats that aren't actually Bombays. Most black cats are not related to the Bombay breed, even if they look very similar, since this breed is so rare. Here is the CFA breed presentation for the Bombay which has many pictures: https://cfa-files.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/breed-presentations/Bombay.pdf

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taylormae531

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We would all like to see some pictures of Spooks, so we can admire how handsome he is :)

It is normal for black cats to have a black nose and black paw pads. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less gorgeous or special. Black domestic shorthairs are great cats!

If you google Bombay cat pictures, you will find a lot of pictures of black cats that aren't actually Bombays. Most black cats are not related to the Bombay breed, even if they look very similar, since this breed is so rare. Here is the CFA breed presentation for the Bombay which has many pictures: https://cfa-files.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/breed-presentations/Bombay.pdf

Attachments