Is my baby having a baby!?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s a shame. I’m surprised since kitten was not in the birth canal. Good to hear your girl is doing well after the surgery. They should send you home with 3 days of pain meds for her. Kittens can still nurse her if she’s up for it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Millie and babies are finally home. One of the kittens tore the skin on nipple so they had to sedate her again to repair it. The vet called me to check on her and she’s concerned that she hasn’t ate yet so they’re calling again in half an hour and may want me to bring her back for over night observation. I personally think they gave her too much of the sedative because she hasn’t moved a muscle since being home. She doesn’t even blink. She has been through so much these past few days😔 I cant wait for her to be healed at home and feeling better.

Attachments

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Millie! I haven't heard of a torn nipple by neonates before. That is a lot of sedation to work out of her system and she may be nauseous from it all. Rest in the comfort of her own home environment is likely the best therapy. You may need to syringe some KMR into her or maybe a little Gerber stage 2 baby food (beef, chicken or ham) and unflavored Pedialyte mixed into a thin gruel. I will be checking for updates throughout my day. 💖🙏💞

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn’t send Millie back to the vet last night and she is feeling much better today 🙂 she has been using her litter box and eating and drinking, she even left the bedroom for a brief moment to have a cuddle with my other cat Freya. She keeps taking the cone off so I’m leaving it because she hasn’t been licking incisions and I’ll just keep an eye on her. I weighed the babies and they’re doing amazing, baby three has caught up to the others!
Baby 1- 119g
Baby 2- 120g
Baby 3- 118g
Thank you TCS for answering all my questions and being so supportive these last few days! ♥♥♥

Attachments

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful update! My vet isn't hardcore about the cone because they can really stress out the patient. I am loving the weights on the little chonks - Millie is making good, rich milk. The pictures are so precious - you are blessed with very special, beautiful coat patterns. I love your instincts - your hunches show a real connection to Millie. And you obviously know how much we love pix at TCS!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh interesting article, thank you!! Millie and babies are doing well today, she keeps trying to move them to a tiny little spot under my tv stand so I blocked it off because there’s tons of cords under there and put the kitten box in the closet, she seems quite content with that for now. She ventured down to the basement where her regular litter box is to take a poop and pee this morning.

Last edited:

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They’re growing like weeds and momma is doing great. All kittens are between 160-165g and I think I may know the sex of the babies... is it even possible to know this early? Haha I’m not sure. They are still so young so I definitely could be wrong lol but I’m thinking that the left and middle are boys and one on the right is girl.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, it's possible to tell when they're young. In my experience, it's easiest to tell when they're newborn, then things get kind of iffy for a few weeks, then it's easier to tell again when they're 5 or 6 weeks old. If you want to post booty pics of them we can all give a try.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our little angel babies are a week old today! They’re twice the size they were a week ago already!
Baby 1- 216g
Baby 2- 208g
Baby 3- 215g

Baby 2 (the little girl) is the only one who hasn’t lost her umbilical cord yet. Baby 1 & 2 have started purring! Millie is doing amazing, she is such a good and attentive little momma🙂♥

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! A little two week update for you guys☺ They’re doing amazing, their weights are around 320. Millie is still doing well, her incisions are almost healed now. I’m wondering when I’ll be able to tell what their fur length will be. Millie and the dad are both longer haired cats but they look like they’re short haired to me:) My cousin is wanting to adopt one of them but only if they are short haired haha. Lemme know what y’all think, thank you!!

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! A little two week update for you guys☺ They’re doing amazing, their weights are around 320. Millie is still doing well, her incisions are almost healed now. I’m wondering when I’ll be able to tell what their fur length will be. Millie and the dad are both longer haired cats but they look like they’re short haired to me:) My cousin is wanting to adopt one of them but only if they are short haired haha. Lemme know what y’all think, thank you!!
If both parents are longhair, all kittens will be longhair :)