Is my baby having a baby!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s licking and nibbling the kitten. I weighed the kitten because it looks really small, it’s only 84 grams. Is that too small? Also, she is purring and panting again

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the help:) she still hasn’t had anymore but she is having contractions and I can feel them moving. 👍 I’ll stay up and watch her give birth until I think there are no more.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why would the baby not be breathing when born but kicking away in the stomach minutes before??:( Millie tried for 10 mins to get her alive but she finally gave up

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nvm I feel another lump inside her belly, not moving but I’m pretty sure it’s a kitten

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You blow tiny puffs into a still baby's nose and gently tap its heart. By now it is probably too late, but just in case you need to know. You would need to warm it up and see, if you feel like trying. Sometimes, it's easier on them to pass away now instead of struggling for a week.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish I would have know that earlier🙁 I did try and rub the kitten for about 2-3 minutes but it didn’t move or do anything. The kittens face looked a little different than the others as well, skinnier. It wasn’t moving from the time it came out:(

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This lump I’m feeling is moving very slowly around moms belly, it’s hard and about the same size as a kittens head. I’m not sure if it’s another baby or not but she’s not pushing

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may or may not be another kitten - they can easily give birth a week or more later, just like dogs. Each baby has its own sac and placenta & because the moms ovulate AFTER mating, conception can occur on separate days. The stillborn baby may have not been developed enough to survive outside of its mother. May the angels of the 4 winds carry its little spirit back Home to the Creator, the ancestors and those yet to be born :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see that it was a busy and stressful night! Many thanks to catsknowme catsknowme for the assistance last night!

How are mom and babies this morning? Are there still just two? Are they nursing well?

What are the weights today? Weights under 90 grams are considered premature, but if nursing well, they usually quickly make it up.

So sorry about the stillborn. It happens. It may have been in the birth canal too long, or it may have had a genetic defect.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to sleep for a bit at 4:30am and woke up around 6:15. She’s feeding her babies, everyone’s doing well. I figured that was it for babies and that maybe the lump was something else but now she is pushing again. I have a bad feeling about this next kitten being born because I couldn’t feel it moving in the womb. I will let u all know when it’s born