Is my baby having a baby!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! I got a picture of the dad! Im curious to know what everyone thinks the babies will look like? I have heard kitten colouring can be quite confusing! I think they will have medium length hair and colours will be black with some white parts (like dad)... But if anyone thinks they will look different let me know! 😃

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's in fact the daddy (cats are sneaky, lol), all the kittens will be longhaired. . .they may have not-as-long ("medium") hair like their mom but there won't be any shorthairs at least. Longhair is recessive so 2 longhairs can't make a shorthair. They'll all be solid black or gray with a lot of white like the parents. Possibly one or two will be pointed if both parents carry the gene.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is true, they definitely are sneaky! Awe, i love them already and I haven’t even met them haha. Thank you for your input!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
7 weeks today:) here’s some pics from today.. only about two weeks left and to me she still seems like she is very small. In the morning she hardly has a bump at all, it’s only after she eats that you can notice her belly. She seems to be carrying more underneath, rather than on the sides of her belly like most cats? Honestly if it wasn’t for feeling movement in her and her nipples being large I would still be wondering if she is actually pregnant or not. I guess we will see how much bigger she gets in these next two weeks but my prediction is a single kitten, two kittens at most, what do you guys think!? Also, when should we get the birthing box ready? Is it too early this week? I haven’t noticed any nesting behavior yet.

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the quick reply, I’ll set it up today 😄
Sorry just one more question, do her nipples like normal? They seem to be very dry and it looks like there’s little specs of dried blood, is that just from them growing? Is there something I could put on them or just leave them alone?

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apply olive oil or coconut oil as often as needed for the chapping. Do this even after the babies arrive.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two other cats, are they allowed to sleep in it before the kittens come? Also, are they allowed near the kittens once they are here? Sorry, for all the questions

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they may sleep in the nest ahead of time, but no, your pregnant cat should have privacy from the other cats until the kittens are 3-4 weeks old, and then you must supervise. All questions are welcome! 😊

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again! So she’s coming up on 8 weeks on Sunday... and I haven’t been able to feel any kitten movement for about a week now. I check several times a day and haven’t felt anything. Should I be worried? She seems fine, still eating lots (as you can see in the pic..she’s yelling at me for more food). She still seems very much pregnant but I’m getting worried because I think I should be able to feel big movements by now and I haven’t. Is this normal if she is only have a small litter or should I take her to the vet to be sure it’s nothing else?

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I felt movement today finally:) just in one small area of her stomach, so maybe that’s why I couldnt feel anything before! Also, I noticed today her nipples are quite lumpy all of a sudden, they’re way larger than yesterday.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
8 week bump date - home stretch!
I feel movement every day now, but it’s very light tapping, nothing vigorous. I really have to concentrate and be patient to feel anything and the kicks are too small to be able to see them still. I believe she will have a single kitten, two at most.. is there any challenges with having a singleton? She hasn’t shown any nesting behaviour yet or any other behavioural changes. Her mammary glands are growing larger everyday and her nipples are very dry and flakey:( I’ll update u guys again at 9 weeks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Millie is 60 days pregnant now, which means the kittens are fully developed, if I’m not mistaken? I’m going to go buy a scale for the kittens today.. Would a kitchen scale work? I’m going to buy some kmr as well just in case it’s needed.. where would I buy that?? As for Millie, she’s still not showing signs of nesting but she has been following me around since yesterday and she is grooming her self more than usual... I assume those are normal behaviours for a cat that is very pregnant:) also, I was finally able to see movement a few days ago, I believe she does have more than one now after seeing the movement, maybe 2 or 3 🙂 but we will see in ten days or less hopefully!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens are still developing and putting on weight. A large digital kitchen scale that weighs in grams is best. KMR is found at vets, pet stores, tractor supply or feed stores, or online at Amazon or Chewy. Do not buy Hartz brand. Get PetAg, GNC, or Royal Canin brand.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would they be able to survive if born soon? Okay I will get one of those brands then, thank you!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Soon as in the next few days. Not that I think she will, but my friends mom is a breeder and said when her cats follow her around they’re getting close to having the kittens so now I’m worried