Is my baby having a baby!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, three live babies. I think she is done I don’t feel any more of the lumps that I felt before. I’ll weigh once the last one is dry

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might be feeling another lump now 😳 I hope for her sake she is done but I guess time will tell! All kittens are latched and eating right now. I’m going to cancel that appointment and book her spay at the same time, how old should the kittens be when she’s spayed

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When moustache first came out he was a lot less weight but I think I just didn’t weigh properly. This time I weighed them all three times to be sure. Baby 3 looks a lot smaller and weighs a lot less so I assume the runt of the littee

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here’s some pics of the babies. Millie looks tired and will hopefully have a nap so I’m thinking that means she’s done 🤞we have two black with white patches and one white with black patches. Thank you everyone for answering all my questions and concerns through this! I’ll keep u updated with the weights:) Millie is doing great, she’s an amazingly attentive mom!

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I called the vet to cancel the appointment and they told me to come in for a visit with the kittens to make sure there aren’t anymore inside of her. So I’m going in about 3 hours. I will let u know what they say👍

Kittycat12345

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s some pics of the babies. Millie looks tired and will hopefully have a nap so I’m thinking that means she’s done 🤞we have two black with white patches and one white with black patches. Thank you everyone for answering all my questions and concerns through this! I’ll keep u updated with the weights:) Millie is doing great, she’s an amazingly attentive mom!
I had a 1 week old rescue kitten die a couple days ago do to being premature. When I saw the picture of your white kitten with black I was shocked how much they look a like! This is her.
7196B07B-027C-469F-AE97-746E4F56C7F8.jpeg

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are home now, just waiting for her to deliver. She seems quite comfortable, no contractions or anything. If she hasn’t by 8am tomorrow morning I have to bring her back in and they will check the kitten again and go from there.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Baby 3 (the runt) is down ten grams and seems to have a hard time latching. Should I supplement and how much??

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nvm I weighed again to be sure and it has only lost 2 grams phew, but should they be gaining not losing?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they should be gaining but neonates, even human babies, can lose a little weight in the first day after birth. How is the baby doing otherwise? Staying up against mom or wandering off? Alert or Hypoglycemia and hypothermia are the big risks right now. Make sure baby is warm - put in a heated rice-or-cornmeal sock wrapped in a cloth, if necessary. If you decide to feed, add a little at a time; often a syringe or eye dropper works better. Tiny but frequent feedings with the formula heated gently (don't microwave) to 100°F. You can also rub a bit of karo corn syrup on the gums and see if that perks baby up.
Is Millie getting kmr and kitten food? That will help get her milk to come in.