Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh okay, thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to ask this earlier, she hasn’t been cleaning her bottom properly lately and it’s getting pretty dirty looking.. she won’t let me near there to clean it so should I just leave it? I don’t want her to give birth while her bottom is dirty but I also don’t want her to be stressed out if I try to clean it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hold her by the scruff and clean her back end with a warm damp cloth. She may not like it, but she’ll feel better after. If you need someone to hold her while you clean, then do that. Whatever works! 😊

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Millie has stopped eating the kitten food since yesterday and will only eat the adult food that my other cats are on, is it fine if she just eats that from now on?

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you. So Millie decided to go in her nesting box finally for the first time this morning, although it wasn’t for sleeping lol.... she decided to use it as a litter box and she has diarrhea. She obviously doesn’t see the box as a nesting box so I will make her a couple more today and place them in different spots in the house... and is diarrhea normal or no??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, near-term pregnant cats often have diarrhea. However, it may also be caused by eating different food.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s millies due date (63 days) & Mother’s Day here in Canada 🙂 she’s still small, it’s hard to get a pic that actually shows her belly! No nesting behaviour, no signs of labour at all.. she’s acting completely normal so I think it will be a while yet, unfortunately haha

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just went and checked on her, the babies are kicking and I noticed that her hair was stuck to her nipples by a crusty white substance, maybe colostrum? Hopefully a good sign:)

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Didn’t get much sleep last night because Millie wouldn’t stop meowing. The meow sounds completely normal, like she would do if she wants food or something but it was constant.. now that I’m out of bed she stopped meowing. She wasn’t even near me either when she was meowing, she was downstairs meowing by herself.. so strange! Does anyone know what she might want?? Anyways, everything else is normal today besides that... she’s eating/drinking, no discharge, kittens are kicking, she actually looks a bit bigger than normal this morning which is odd. I’ll keep u updated as the days go on:) we’re getting excited to meet the little ones!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was cleaning millies bottom this morning (because she still won’t do it herself) I noticed some dried blood around the opening of her lady part.. it was only a small amount. Is this normal? She’s acting normal, looks normal, kittens still kicking.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little update: she won’t stop meowing! She just sits and looks at me meowing constantly... I gave her food-doesn’t want it, gave her fresh water-doesn’t want it, I even changed out her litter box incase she wanted new litter, that didn’t work either. Hmmm I don’t know what to do for her 🙁

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried that first and didn’t help but I left to the grocery store and when I came back she’s sleeping in her tree so she is good for now😀 sorry if I ask a bunch of questions, I just want to make sure she is okay while she goes through this process:)