Is my baby having a baby!?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully she's not pregnant. Have you looked at rescues to see if they can offer rescue rates? Some do :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As much as I love all the help and suggestions about ways to get her spayed, I was just looking for answers about her and what to do if she is possibly pregnant. I will be getting her spayed as soon as we are caught up from his lay off (I assure you). My other two cats were spayed at 6 months, I am very much pro spay/neuter. Thanks.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will update u guys (if you would like) on her status in a week or so. Thanks

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she was out for several hours, even if that one male is neutered, she almost certainly found another male who wasn't, so it's best to assume she's pregnant. And, yeah, her nipples do look pinker now than in the earlier pictures.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she still having diarrhea? If so, she may need worming. Or you can try mixing a teaspoon of canned pumpkin into her wet food. This often helps to firm up poop. Otherwise, chicken wet food is better for cats than fish wet food. If she’s pregnant, sometimes hormonal changes can cause bouts of diarrhea. Do keep us posted!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No she has not had anymore diarrhea thankfully! Okay, I will just assume she’s pregnant for now then until I find out for sure she is not. Is there anything else, other than giving her kitten food that should be done? Thanks for the info!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, so tomorrow it will be 5 weeks since mating and I think she may actually be pregnant. She hasn’t gone back into heat yet and I think she may be starting to get a little bump. I will show a pic of her tummy and one of her nipples and let me know what you all think!

Attachments

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is small so hopefully just one or two in there. I’ll update in a couple weeks, thanks 👍

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello! I have a quick question, if a mother cat is stressed out does it effect her unborn kittens? Millie has always been a very stand off(ish) type of cat and she gets upset easily if my kids pet her. Would my kids trying to pet her and her getting upset effect her babies?? Also, here’s an updated belly picture, she has really started popping out the last few days:)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s not uncommon for one horn of the uterus to be bigger. And no, your cat feeling stressed should not affect her babies. Your kids should not handle the babies the first 3 weeks after birth, however, and then under your supervision if your children are very young. And since she is pregnant and skittish, I would tell the kids to let her approach them if she wants to be petted for now. She’ll calm down in the long run after she is spayed.

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay I will let them know, thank you!

Sar27

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Am I losing it or did I feel the kittens in her belly already?? Lol. I was just reading up on cat pregnancies and it says around 6 weeks you can feel the kittens so I figured I’d give it a try and see if I could yet. I put my hand on her belly while she was laying down and I can feel movement all over my hand, but it is subtle. Could that be the babies this early or just her belly rumbling?? She’s 6 weeks in 2 days.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s a little early, but not impossible. It’s much easier to see and feel kitten movement about two weeks before delivery. 😊