Is labour due to happen soon ?

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friends cat is due to give birth with a 1 or 2 we are unsure at how many kittens she is having as she wouldn't allow the vet to scan her the cat only has a small belly/bump so maybe only 1 or 2 kittens ?tonight while I'm cat sitting as friend is visiting family away due to attending a funeral I've noticed a small clear discharge from her area she has been so loving today but also very tired stretching out unable to get comfortable at times does this mean that labour could be on its way ? Xx thank you for reading

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for replying .. yes she has a few areas for her to go and put fluffy warm blankets in the all the cat has really taken ti the yellow blanket today she hasn't ate much food just the jelly from the cat food x

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no update as of yet just very affectionate the discharge has charged still very clear but also a bit of a creamy colour starting last night after posting she had a daft half an hour

Attachments

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No kittens as of yet just a little update nips have gotten alot bigger and I think she has found her nesting area as she is forever going back to the same spot despite me even putting boxes blankets around the house and a box next to the area she keeps going to she just keeps getting out and laying back in her area I will keep trying to get her into a box here is a picture of the girl herself stretching out in her area

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her have her kittens where she is comfortable. She and kittens can be moved after she is done and settled. Who knows? She may go into a box anyway at the last minute. Lots of cats do that.

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all no updates as of yet I'm sorry called the vets on Friday who said if nothing by Wednesday they will have her in for a checkover and potentially scan her she's been a little of her wet food and only really eating the jelly she has been drinking lots of water thelast few days and doing something she hasn't done since she was a kitten herself and has been laying and sleeping on me .. if anyone has any advice or tips for me I'd be grateful. Also should I be taking her temperature if so what is the best way to do so thank you for taking your time to read

Attachments

GusGus07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all no updates as of yet I'm sorry called the vets on Friday who said if nothing by Wednesday they will have her in for a checkover and potentially scan her she's been a little of her wet food and only really eating the jelly she has been drinking lots of water thelast few days and doing something she hasn't done since she was a kitten herself and has been laying and sleeping on me .. if anyone has any advice or tips for me I'd be grateful. Also should I be taking her temperature if so what is the best way to do so thank you for taking your time to read
Hey there. My question would be, can you see the kittens moving in her belly when she is laying down? If they are big enough you will certainly see them kicking and moving around a lot in the days coming up to birth.
My experience is also that on the day of labor, mama kitty will begin to have a glazed look in her eyes and seem a little spaced out if she is not already nested and hiding.
Hope this helps!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, it sounds like it was way too early when you first posted. Pregnant cats become very affectionate, so I’m not surprised she wants to be with you.

An X-ray of each side sounds like a good idea as it will show how many kittens she is carrying and an estimated gestational age. You’ll have a much better idea of how many kittens to expect and when.

Keep us posted!

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there. My question would be, can you see the kittens moving in her belly when she is laying down? If they are big enough you will certainly see them kicking and moving around a lot in the days coming up to birth.
My experience is also that on the day of labor, mama kitty will begin to have a glazed look in her eyes and seem a little spaced out if she is not already nested and hiding.
Hope this helps!
Hi I haven't seen any movements or felt anything move 😔 I've had a couple of friends say this could be normal if she is only carrying 1 vet phone call in the morning I did try to attach a video of her stomach but it wouldn't let me xx

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, it sounds like it was way too early when you first posted. Pregnant cats become very affectionate, so I’m not surprised she wants to be with you.

An X-ray of each side sounds like a good idea as it will show how many kittens she is carrying and an estimated gestational age. You’ll have a much better idea of how many kittens to expect and when.

Keep us posted!
Thank you this has crossed my mind a few times when we took her to the vet and vet saying 3 to 4 week left the 4th week is up Wednesday theydid try to scan her then but she was getting stressed and the vet didn't want mamma cat getting over stressed but I hoping they will scan her on Wednesday if ring them in the morning and explain at least they will know what there feeling for and I will be able to relax a little

leighg1234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little lady has been very sleepy today she has just woken up from a nap and I've noticed her leg is wet and she is grooming herself alot while making a little grunting noise pictures are from just now

Attachments

mrs_frenchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would love an update on how this turned out! We are in a similar position with our cat carrying small and expecting her first litter this weekend (unplanned and steps will be taken to prevent anymore litters). How many kittens did this mama end up having?