Is it time soon?

Beyou12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
This is my first post here and I’m hoping to get help😊
My cat went missing for 2 whole months and miraculously returned a week ago. She is obviously pregnant (nipples, felt and saw kitten movement). So I never had kittens before and read a lot the past few days about what to look out for and so on. But I don’t know how to figure out when to expect the kittens. She was in heat around january third which is when she got out and disappeared. She doesn’t eat a lot anymore, but little bits. She is usually a very calm cuddly one and doesn’t want to leave my side but today she started biting. Her vulva appears bigger for about two days now.

anyone who can help?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Welcome! :wave3:

It sounds like labor and delivery are imminent anytime now or in the next day or two. Watch for contractions, which look like waves down her sides. This stage lasts about 24 hours as the contractions get closer and closer together, until it’s time to push.

Are you seeing any vaginal discharge yet?

Also, make sure she does not go outside again until she is spayed when the kittens are about 8 weeks old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Beyou12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome! :wave3:

It sounds like labor and delivery are imminent anytime now or in the next day or two. Watch for contractions, which look like waves down her sides. This stage lasts about 24 hours as the contractions get closer and closer together, until it’s time to push.

Are you seeing any vaginal discharge yet?

Also, make sure she does not go outside again until she is spayed when the kittens are about 8 weeks old.
I couldn’t see any discharge I think. She’s laying in one of her two nesting boxes, moving around every few minutes, purring followed by a deep breath. Almost like human labor 🤔
She’s for sure acting different than the past days if that makes sense

Beyou12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you tell me how I know if the water breaks?

KittyJ

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If her water broke, you may notice that she is restless, and she may have diarrhea.

Beyou12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me again I just looked at my queens vulva and it looks like there is a little old blood crusted on. Is a little bleeding normal or should I take her in?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal. It sounds like things are progressing well. 😊

Beyou12345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not sure from your photo. Just keep an eye out.
I guess it was the start of the mucus plug. When I checked on her this morning she had a big part of mucus plug hanging out. That was even for me very obvious 😅