Is It Shedding Season Or What?!!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is definitely shedding season!! I've been brushing Sammie every day, & get at least 3 brush fulls every time. I usually brush her every other day or so anyway, even though she doesn't like it, like Angel did. It's really nessesary. I've even had to put an old sheet across the bottom half of my bed where she lays, & despite all the brushing, she still leaves a lot behind there. So I have to vacuum that w/ the pet attachement too.
I pushed my limits with her yesterday & got 6 brush fulls! I'm sure if she'd let me, I'd get even more! But her "MMMmmmm's protest we're aproching the growl stage, so I stopped. :blackcat2: she was not having it! LOL!
IMG_20180518_135955663.jpg

IMG_20180518_140002877.jpg

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's definitely shedding season. One of mine, or both, have been coughing up hairballs. I don't have a good brush like yours, but I've been using a flea comb. It helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure anything helps. There's just so much! I think I just picked that brush up at Walmart a few years ago. I have another one w/ regular soft plastic brissils that I will use on her head, face & belly, so I don't scratch her w/ the other. If I use use the other one on her belly, I do it very gently. I don't want to scrape her little nippies. :blush:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
For sure! Cassie has no limits to me brushing her- I could brush her bald. Here’s her fur from today

Monet has his limits- I got a little from him

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems like it is ALWAYS shedding season here. I have 9 and 4 are medium or long hair. I keep a regular comb by the sofa and run it thru any LH cats that come up.
Same with the nail clippers Anyone who comes up gets at least a couple nails done

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, so far, this year's shedding season hasn't been nearly as bad as last year's. But we're still removing enough loose fur to knit a bunch of new cats. :wink:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Peaches would only let me do quick swipes every time she walked by. Now I use a glove which she loves. My cat Coco would let me brush her all day head to tail and tummy. She stretches her body while I'm brushing and kneads her paws on baby blankets

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fur is everywhere. From the cat and the dog! It's in my eyes, coffee, food (even at a restaurant!)...I'm dying. My cat really doesn't love being brushed and I hate to bug her since she got dental work done this week, but she's shedding so much she should be bald. There are clumps of fur in the hallway the day after I clean everything!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We used a Furminator, the one for long hair. It works equally well on short hair. It does a great job and has a little ejector button to get rid of the hair. All of our kids love it.

I brushed Velcro's short black fur, just in the tail area and got six or seven brushfuls. You'd think he'd be bald, but he's still furry.

Darwin hops into the bathtub and I'll swear he ejects fur there. We have a hair catcher on the drain and when I shower, it's full before the water is warm.

Chocolate usually sheds very little even though she has long fur. However, she's a walking cloud this year.

I wonder if this portends an extra-hot summer?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Believe it or not, we're dealing with The Beast shedding more so than the cats; I didn't know beagles shed that much! This year, for some reason, there's fur all over the floors in the house and I vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. She hates being brushed, she hates any kind of grooming, and it's a hassle trying to deal with her. The cats are fairly good about brushing, esp Ms. Pepe, who will not let me brush anybody else until I brush her for at least an hour. And even then, she'll horn in whenever she thinks she has a chance.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is strange that around here, the long haired cat sheds the least! ??? I was sitting outside the other day and Mollie jumped up on my lap. The hair she left behind on my dark blue T shirt in that few minutes was amazing! Almost a mat. The furminator came out, it is almost fun seeing how much you can get. I throw it outside for the birds to use in their nests. A condor could use it!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me. I got a tiny black kitten adopted by a mom and daughter that where mostly black. Convenient

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully, for the most part, my kitties are not very big shredders (Although of course I still brush!)

Then again I also have a Great Pyrenees. I am pretty sure she sheds on behalf of everyone! I can make quite a few extra dogs from all that floof that comes out of Maisie :lol: Ooii!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cheeser cheeser , LOL! Knit another cat. That's for sure!!
Yeah, I tried a Funimator, but never got that much from it. I get a lot more from the brush. I must've gotten a cheap one.
cassiopea cassiopea , wow, a Great Pyrenees, they are beautiful!!! I cleaned a clients house that had one as well as a German Shepherd & tabby. They were sweet. The German Shepherd would follow me around like my shadow when I was there. Until the vacuum came out of course.
It was my day with "the girls." :biggrin:
Here's a picture of them, Luna & Max.
IMG_20180319_110625492.jpg

And here's what I get off the sheet at the end of every morning.
IMG_20180528_092944388.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fur is everywhere. From the cat and the dog! It's in my eyes, coffee, food (even at a restaurant!)...I'm dying.
Glad I'm not alone. I can't wear a dark t-shirt for example. Whatever I do it's just everywhere and dogs? don't even go there. Chase, our dog....sob.....it's ridiculous. He's been shedding a humungous amount recently. He should have disappeared by now I'm sure.