Is it really cold?

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! I’ve recently been taking my cat outdoors on a leash, but today it’s really cloudy and windy, no raining, no pouring…

The temperature is 19 Celsius and my cat does not seem bothered by that but I worry about it because I don’t want her to go through cold.
Im not from a place that cold is really strong since I live in the south of Spain but still curious about it

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah: Since I live in FL 19C/66F isn't exactly 'balmy' to me, but it certainly isn't anywhere near cold enough to bother a cat. If your cat is older and less tolerant of temperature changes, the odds are she will let you know when the temp isn't to her liking!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Some of the best advice a former vet gave me for our dog which can also be applied to your cat is - if it's too cold for you then it's too cold for your cat. That being said, I agree with the above members, 19C or 66F is a pleasant temperature.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If 19°C is a cold temperature, then I couldn't take my cats out in the backyard with leash and harness for more than 3 months a year ;)
The opposite question might be, when is too hot not to take the cats out? This past summer was extremely hot here, we had 35°C/95°F everyday for 4 months in a row, so I could only take them out after 7 pm.