Is it OK to mix two dry foods?

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for the street cats who lives in my condo. I feed the same 2-3 ones daily so the same cats will eat these.

Normally I give them Purina One Chicken. My own cat Hima eats Acana Wild Prairie. I can't afford feeding everyone with Acana but since that has additional ingredients that might be beneficial and is also richer in calories, I add some Acana to Purina One for the street cats. 1/4 or 2/4 of it. But would it be risky? No, right?

Purina One Adult Chicken Chicken & Whole Grains | Dry Cat Food | Purina ONE
Ingredients:
Chicken (17%), dried poultry protein, wholegrain wheat (17%), maize, soya meal, wheat gluten meal, animal fat, maize gluten meal, dried chicory root, maize grits, minerals, digest (with added heat treated Lactobacillus Delbrueckii and Fermentum powder 0.025%), yeast.
Additives:
Nutritional additives per kg:
Vitamin A (33,000 IU), vitamin D3 (1000 IU), vitamin E (460 IU), vitamin C (140mg), anhydrous calcium iodate (2.6mg), iron sulphate monohydrate (204mg), copper sulphate (41mg), manganese sulphate monohydrate (97mg), sodium selenite (0.24mg) zinc sulphate monohydrate (340mg), taurine (700mg).

Acana Wild Prairie. ACANA | Award-Winning Dog Food & Cat Food

Fresh chicken meat (9%), fresh turkey meat (9%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (9%), chicken meal (8%), turkey meal (8%), whole herring meal (8%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, chicken fat (5%), fresh eggs (4%), fresh wild-caught walleye (4%), fresh wild-caught trout (4%), fresh turkey giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (4%), whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole yellow peas, pollock oil (2%), sun-cured alfalfa, dried chicken cartilage (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh bartlett pears, freeze-dried liver (chicken and turkey) (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips. ADDITIVES (per kg): Technological additives: tocopherol-rich extract of natural origin. Nutritional additives: Choline chloride: 1000 mg, zinc chelate of amino acids hydrate: 100 mg, copper chelate of amino acids hydrate: 10 mg. Zootechnical additives: Enterococcus faecium NCIMB10415: 600x10^6 CFU.

METABOLIZABLE ENERGY: 4100 kcal/kg (492 kcal per 250ml/120g cup), with 36 % from protein, 22 % from carbohydrates, and 42 % from fat.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixing brands is OK but for sure you wanna be feeding at least one meal a day that is wet food or mix wet food with the dry so that they get adequate moisture. If your not that is. Dry food only tends to lead to obesity and other health issues. Fancy feast pate most cats will happily eat, you wanna make sure its the pet version only as its the only one with no carrageenan in it. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mixing brands is OK but for sure you wanna be feeding at least one meal a day that is wet food or mix wet food with the dry so that they get adequate moisture. If your not that is. Dry food only tends to lead to obesity and other health issues. Fancy feast pate most cats will happily eat, you wanna make sure its the pet version only as its the only one with no carrageenan in it. :)
This is for the street cats. Wet food doesn’t work well there.

Kelthebeastmaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yea, I have a bin and I mix two bags of two different kinds of dry food. Then, they get wet food as a treat and treats too. Plus cat nip. But for my street cats I give dry mixed and once in a great while a wet food as a treat.