is it normal?

azreal mccray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my baby is going to be 8 weeks old on monday. he eats his dry food and uses the litter box.i usually give him one bottle a night because i work late hours and im going to sleep when the sun is coming up and it helps him sleeps. he used to cry everytime i would lay down to sleep never in the middle of the day. so they told me that i needed to make his formula thicker because i had diluted it some for bowl movements so i did and it helped. Now he is doing it again...its like he sleeps when its day time and then when im ready for bed he cries or meows and meows and its really irritating i dodnt want to give him more than that one feeding even though its only half a bottle...he has food and water down although i dont think he know how to lap...has anyone had this experience before i havent had sleep in almost 3 days ...working two jobs as well i feel so drained....any suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are nocturnal by nature, so sleeping is normal for him in the daytime, and roaming around looking for fun is normal at night. Right now he's a kitten though, and while he might drive you crazy now, should outgrow this stage, and probably go through a few others along the way. Do get him neutered as soon as your vet says it's ok, as that will also make a big difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azreal mccray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i took him to my moms today on my day off and so he played all day and hasnt slept much however i do go to work from now until 430 in the morning so thats 4 hours and with my luck hes worn out will slepp the whole time and then wont let me get any sleep when i come home....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azreal mccray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no sleep! i dont know but he acts like hes dying...he meows and meows and its like theres the time im going to get up and thats when hes sleeping...today i took a nap at 830 pm which i dont normally do and he slept next to me not a sound....i dont know if i can do this a 5th night im about to have surgery and the medicine im taking sint even helping because i get no sleep any suggestions? what do i do...i cant even take him to another room my brother in law lives with us and he is deathly allergic....