is it normal

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
1st let me set the backdrop.

2 feline cats, three kittens....
Feline number 1 had 3 kittens and weaned the kittens of breast milk in last week of august.
Since the kittens were weaned of breast milk, they no longer acknowledge their mother, as their mother, no kissess or scent rubs.
Feline 2, i persume must be pregnant, as over the last 2 weeks, has been breast feeding all three kittens and there is scent rubs, kissess and the kittens follow her around, is this a common behaviour?Is this some sort of resentment, feline 1 is very much a loner now, doesn't really move with the rest of the gang.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Feline number 1 is either in heat or is already pregnant and this is why she is pushing her current litter of kitten away. It’s just hormones and instinct when they are getting ready for a new litter. Do you have plans for all these kittens? Momma number 1 needs to get to the vet and be spayed and number two should after her babies are weaned. And if you keep the kittens they need to be spayed by four months old or you will end up with more pregnant cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feline number 1 is either in heat or is already pregnant and this is why she is pushing her current litter of kitten away. It’s just hormones and instinct when they are getting ready for a new litter. Do you have plans for all these kittens? Momma number 1 needs to get to the vet and be spayed and number two should after her babies are weaned. And if you keep the kittens they need to be spayed by four months old or you will end up with more pregnant cats.
feline number 1 was sick for a few weeks after weaning the kittens of breast milk, where she lost alot of weight over a two week period [1st two weeks of september], her health is back on point, i hear you in regards to spaying.