Is It Normal For My Cat To Drool?

AWeirdMIX

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
So today, I was cuddling my adorable furbaby, petting him and scratching his chin as he kneaded me and purred. He was just beginning to go to sleep when I noticed that he was drooling.
Not like tons, but enough so that I could see a few droplets on my jacket and a couple hanging from the fur on his chin. I was wondering if this is normal for a cat to do or if I should be concerned.
Thanks!

kttn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yup! i've had a few cats in the past that drooled loads while sleeping or during affection :) my big boy would leave little drool puddles wherever he slept lol. i like to think of it as them being ultra relaxed and content.

Cataria

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep! I have a drool cat; she does it when she's super happy and purr-y. I'd say it's not extremely common, but not necessarily abnormal.

Still, the drooling could be a symptom of a dental problem, so make sure to mention it to the vet at his next appointment, just in case.

Notorious pets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Only one of my two cats drools from time to time. It seems it only happens when she's super content (purring) or in deep sleep.. So far no other negative symptoms arose with this drooling, and only occurs occasionally. If it occurs too frequently or heavily I would consult a vet.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat never did that when she was younger, she started drooling from time to time in the last few months, but only when she is being cuddled around her head :)
I think it's perfectly fine.