is it hormonal, bullying, or other

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Backdrop:

two strays living in my garden, male i got neutered two weeks ago, female i was unable to catch and get spayed, as she witnessed me catching another three, those three have been home by a charity.

The female cat is pregnant with about at most 10 days to go, two days ago i saw her squat over the male cat, [1 year] whilst he was sleeping on my porch and spray mark his face.
Also today i saw her squatting [ thinking i spelled the word proceed this statement wrong] him with her paws, he was just looking to make his way to the neighbours garden.

Is this just hormonal, or could there be more to the story.
He's very act first, think later, but in 6 weeks i have been able to pet him, we bump heads[fist], and he always wants to rub his face and body on me, he even went as far as, after mixing scents with me, immediiately trying to mix my scent to the pregnant cat.

She's skittish, i can pet her, but it is not something i would make a habit, tried head bumping, she was not having it.

Plan is to get the whole pack spayed, mother and litter in the coming weeks.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway to keep her (and her babies) separated from the male? Male cans will sometimes kill kittens and mom cat is going to be looking for a safe place to hide out with her babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

japam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there anyway to keep her (and her babies) separated from the male? Male cans will sometimes kill kittens and mom cat is going to be looking for a safe place to hide out with her babies.
Not currently, i have been looking into the idea of building a make shift catio in my garden, i recently built a shelter, to protect them from the elements.

She is too tempermental to home / foster, thats also the opnion of the charity.

The male cat, i think is gay, as when the other females were in heat, he would mimic their behaviour, and since the others have been homed, leaving just these two, he will mimic the pregnant cat behaviour.

There is another tom cat, that comes around at night, every few days, that is neighbourhood.

Bringing her inside is not an option, i have been told by neighbours, she got rid of her last two litters, unfortunately they did not think to spay.