Is her spay incision healing ok?

AngieLynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got spayed one week ago today. I have been having a hell of a time keeping her inactive, even if I keep her in the bathroom she’s moving around, stressed, scratching at the door and meowing. She’s jumped up on some things since the surgery and keeps trying to play. I’m worried her incision isn’t healing properly. She’s wearing a cone and hasn’t licked at all. She’s also acting like her normal self. Should I be worried?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AngieLynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’d like to note I also sent photos to the humane society who fixed her, they just take a while to respond sometimes. So I am getting a pro vets opinion as well

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's good that you're getting a vets opinion on this, as I'm sure that will help you feel better. From the photos to me her incision looks good. It doesn't appear to be open or have any redness or anything around it. It does look like the area needs to be cleaned up a bit. Check with a vet on the best way to do this as you likely don't want the area wet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AngieLynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's good that you're getting a vets opinion on this, as I'm sure that will help you feel better. From the photos to me her incision looks good. It doesn't appear to be open or have any redness or anything around it. It does look like the area needs to be cleaned up a bit. Check with a vet on the best way to do this as you likely don't want the area wet.
Thank you!! I’m just a little ball of stress about my girl, my other cat was neutered before I got him so aftercare etc is a brand new thing for me! And the Humane Society is very busy right now so now the easiest to get ahold of to ask questions. This helped settle my nerves!!

crystal dawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! I’m just a little ball of stress about my girl, my other cat was neutered before I got him so aftercare etc is a brand new thing for me! And the Humane Society is very busy right now so now the easiest to get a hold of to ask questions. This helped settle my nerves!!
I'm glad I could be of help. I totally understand. I'm the same way when it comes to my cats.