Is He Part Maine Coon??

MyOllie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there I'm new here and I was hoping someone could tell me if they think my boy could be part Maine Coon?
He is twice the size as my friends kitten who is the same age (5 months) and has the most adorabe personality. He sits for his dinner and absolutely LOVES going for a walk on his harness and leash every day (he comes running as soon as I say "Wanna go for a walk Ollie?!" Or if he hears the sound of his leash rattling. He's the most remarkable cat I've ever met!
Thank you in advance if u could help me in figuring out his breeding, oh and I'm in Australia and I rescued him from a shelter. The first pic is to show you his size and quite bushy tail considering his coat isn't all that long
Screenshot_20180318-184957.png
Screenshot_20180318-184802.png

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be! The jaw is broad enough. We will see better when he is adult. Very sweet and even handsome he is already now!

Also, I dont think he is the quite common broken mackerel. I think he shall be counted as spotted tabby for real. Enough of decently shaped spots on his side to count him as spotted.

You both won a very high win on the Lottery of life!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What a cutie! I agree with StefanZ that Maine Coon influence is a possibility, with that broad jaw, thick tail, and big paws. Does his personality seem to match up with a Maine Coon? The Maine Coon Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyOllie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much for replying, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you...it's been hectic here.

What a cutie! I agree with StefanZ that Maine Coon influence is a possibility, with that broad jaw, thick tail, and big paws. Does his personality seem to match up with a Maine Coon? The Maine Coon Cat
Since seeing your reply abyeb abyeb I have watched my fair share of YouTube videos of Maine Coons and their captivating personalities and I can happily say that my Ollie's personality its certainly matches up with that of the MC! I've always said he's the most doglike cat I've ever met and he just cracks up everyone who comes to visit with his silly games he loves to play. The only thing I don't think really matches up is they say that MCs are quite talkative, however I don't really hear a peep from him? Except when I go to the toilet or have shower and I shut the door! Lol he insists on coming with me and will "yell" at me until I let him in! But when it's dinner time he won't meow, he will jump up onto my lap and precede to "whine" slightly and lick my face until i get up and then he'll sit patiently by his food bowl until it's ready. And if he wants to play he'll just bring me one of his toys or if he wnt to go for walk he'll usually lick my face then run to the door however I'm going to try teaching him to bring me his lead (which shouldn't be too hard as he drags just about everything else out of cupboards or drawers to play with..including the odd shoe or slipper lol).

I really feel lucky to have found him, I had a choice of 5 different kittens and I sat down with them all and he chose me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MyOllie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a marvelous cat!! Is there a little Egyptian Mau in there? I'm so glad you found each other :heartshape:
I guess anything is possible Furballsmom Furballsmom although I'm not sure his ears look round enough? I knowledge to back that up however, so it really could be possible?!!