Is he gonna be okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittenBarn13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has dimentia. It was kicking in this morning, in addition to him puking blood. I didn't see it, I don't know how much. He also peed on the rug today, as though he forgot how to hold it or forgot how to use the litterbox. He is a 16 year old tabby who is slightly overweight.

He's going to the emergency vet right now.

Send prayers, please.

And be honest, what do you thinks gonna happen? Is my cat, who's been with me since I was born, is he gonna make it?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending Prayers, big time, K KittenBarn13 .:touched:
Also sending Health vibes your way.:vibes::vibes::caticon:

I really don't know what your beautiful 16 year old cat's chances are, since throwing up blood sounds very, very serious.
Hoping it is something that the Vets can treat. :alright:
You brought him to the right place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenBarn13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So he's going to stay the night, get some fluids, and go to another vet tomorrow. Like my family said, better news than it could have been

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
So he's going to stay the night, get some fluids, and go to another vet tomorrow. Like my family said, better news than it could have been
Excellent news! :thumbsup:
Whew.
And your family is exactly right. :agree:

Hoping that the regular Vet can help your senior tabby cat, and get to the bottom of what's going on.
What's his name...so I can send extra Prayers his way?

Do you think that he could have eaten anything, off of the floor?
Causing an obstruction of some kind?
Though, that would not cause him to accidentally pee.:think:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenBarn13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, a few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Tiggy. He was 16, he had complications with his kidneys. I guess it happens to most cats around that age, is that true?

It was hard, but it's not right to keep him on earth when his only thing to do is suffer. It's better he had to go

We'll miss him, but he's in a better place, he's sleeping on God's laundry with his old friend, my dad's Siamese cat Smelly

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
So, a few weeks ago we had to say goodbye to Tiggy. He was 16, he had complications with his kidneys. I guess it happens to most cats around that age, is that true?
I'm sorry for your loss of Tiggy. :rbheart:
Yes, it's true that it happens. :frown:
It was hard, but it's not right to keep him on earth when his only thing to do is suffer. It's better he had to go

We'll miss him, but he's in a better place, he's sleeping on God's laundry with his old friend, my dad's Siamese cat Smelly
Yeah, you are so right.
When it reaches a point when the kidneys start to shut down, and the various other complications with mouth ulcers, not eating, not being able to move around, then yes, it's better to let them go.

I hope your heart heals with Time. ❤

"...he's sleeping on God's laundry with his old friend, my dad's Siamese cat Smelly"
That's a really positive way to look at it. :heartshape:
"sleeping on God's laundry"...just like a cat would do. :touched:

Run Like the Wind, Tiggy. :rbheart:
Stop by every once in awhile to look in on your cat guardians.:greenpaw::bluepaw:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We are so sorry for your loss. :hugs: Threads are closed after a loss as a sign of respect. When you feel up to it please consider starting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace, Tiggy. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.