Is he an egyptian mau?

ysnrkrkmz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat looks like egyptian mau breed. he has bluish grey fur, big eyes, dark paws and purple nose. the owner before me found this cat from the street and She doesnt know the cat what breed is. we live in Turkey. İs he an egyptian mau? thanks in advance for your help. 😇
20200706_054915.png
Screenshot_2019-07-07-14-38-23.png
1571216892791 (1).jpg

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He very well could be part EM although it is hard to tell from those photos. I take that back after looking at the one photo where he is lying down, he looks quite a bit like an Egyptian Mau. He is gorgeous.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell.

People tell me Jasper looks like an Egyptian Mau but I really doubt he is. I think Jasper is just a plain old beautiful mackerel tabby.

Looking at your cat, I think he could very well be MIXED with an Egyptian Mau!

If you ever find out hope you let us know.

Your cat is gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ysnrkrkmz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He very well could be part EM although it is hard to tell from those photos. I take that back after looking at the one photo where he is lying down, he looks quite a bit like an Egyptian Mau. He is gorgeous.
There was a problem on the site and I could not add another photo here. There are many spots on his fur. Thank you 🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ysnrkrkmz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's hard to tell.

People tell me Jasper looks like an Egyptian Mau but I really doubt he is. I think Jasper is just a plain old beautiful mackerel tabby.

Looking at your cat, I think he could very well be MIXED with an Egyptian Mau!

If you ever find out hope you let us know.

Your cat is gorgeous!
Thank you 🤗😊

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does my kitten look part Egyptian mao?
From this picture, I would describe your kitten as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed. I can't see the tabby pattern very well in the picture, but it looks like it is probably either mackerel or broken mackerel. If you want us to look more closely at the tabby pattern, the best way is to take a picture from the side when your kitten is standing. A picture of his belly doesn't tell us much about his tabby pattern, as it's normal for tabbies to have spots on the belly. It is a cute picture though :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat looks like egyptian mau breed. he has bluish grey fur, big eyes, dark paws and purple nose. the owner before me found this cat from the street and She doesnt know the cat what breed is. we live in Turkey. İs he an egyptian mau? thanks in advance for your help. 😇
ysnrkrkmz ysnrkrkmz you have a lovely cat!

I would describe your cat as a blue spotted tabby domestic shorthair. He appears to have a "broken classic" spot pattern. The Egyptian Mau is more slender than your cat, and has a different spot pattern with smaller spots. Your cat's color, blue tabby, is also not an accepted color in the Egyptian Mau. I think it is unlikely that your cat has Egyptian Mau ancestry. However, since you are located in the Middle East, it's possible that your cat shares some ancestry in the distant past with the foundation cats that were used to form the Egyptian Mau breed.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat in the picture above isn't an Egyptian Mau. It is a cat that was advertised on Petfinder by a shelter as an "Egyptian Mau Tabby mix." (You can look it up on Google image search.)