Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ObiGooner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have found a friend of a friend who would like to sell me her cat at cut-off price. She says it's a bluepoint ragdoll. She says he is just 5 months old in the picture. I couldn't quite figure if the cat is a ragdoll since I have seen a persian and an himalayan have the same features. Please help identify.
received_316548689191148.jpeg
received_207867350122916.jpeg
received_316548689191148.jpeg
received_207867350122916.jpeg

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he could be a Ragdoll. Does he have papers? What do you know about the breeder he came from?

And. . .how important is it for you? If you're getting him as a pet at a reasonable pet price, maybe it doesn't matter whether he's purebred, as long as you like his personality.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hard to say just from photos and without any paperwork. Do you know if he was born all white? It does not look like a Persian or Himalayan to me, at least not purebred, could be a mix though. Also Ragdolls were originally created from a Persian looking cat and a Birman (they look like Himalayan but without the squished face) looking cat so the breed is bound to look similar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ObiGooner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. She said that she had sold all of her ragdolls including the parents and this is the only one left. I saw the pictures of it being born all white with a little dark point on the nose.
Her asking price for a ragdoll would be relatively low. It's very expensive here in the Philippines since they are rare. I'm a little concerned because it would take me the same amount of money to buy 2 cats of a different breed (i.e. persian or himalayan). She has sent me videos of the cat showing its docile personality which i really like.
20181215_022716.jpg
20181215_022649.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the person selling the kitten is the breeder, you'll want to ask all the questions you would ask with any breeder. Minimally, you'll want to talk to her about the parents, health and health testing, how her kittens are raised, and does the kitten have papers... I would also be curious to know why she has sold all of her cats. The cat does look like it could be a Ragdoll, but any time you buy a kitten from a breeder, it's best to find out as much as you can about the kitten and its parents.

Persians / Himalayans don't look like this cat; even doll-faced Persians have a shorter face, shorter and more massive body and legs, longer coat, etc. If you are seeing "Persian" kittens offered for sale that look like this cat, they might be cheap because they aren't really Persians.

Hoslund0821

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say, if the price is cheap and the kitten is unfixed I'd be worried. All good breeders always spay/neuter pet quality kittens, and many do show their cats.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is beautiful Unless you definitely want a papered rag doll go and meet him If there is chemistry between you you will know what to do