Is Anyone Else Struggling to Get Enough Catfood with the Current Supply Shortages we are Encountering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The balance of my order arrived today, on the verandah instead of behind the gate, but it was all there, all packaged in the plastic and with plastic bubblewrap. The outer carton had a gouge in it but no harm done. No packing slip, but I keep track of everything and since it's repeat delivery, they do, too. So we have food supplies to last us awhile!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
. When we got home, there was a smell that wasn't picked up before. One of the cases had busted cans .....that had live maggots in it
I once got a Chewy box that was a little banged up, not terrible, just the usual, and just tossed it in the storage area because I didn't need the food yet. I noticed a bit of an odor, but, well, I live in the country and odors happen. When I needed the food I cut the box open. . .and nearly died from the smell! Oh it was so bad. The flies weren't able to get into the box so no maggots, but wow, the decomp smell was powerful. So now I check all the cases when they come in, lol.

I've noticed it's always the pop-top cans that break open. I don't need the pop-tops; I use a smooth edge can opener because I like to let the dogs lick the cans out, but most brands are pop-top now so most people must prefer that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 So glad to hear your order came in. Yay!!!:thumbsup: I have been talking to people all across the country who order Chewy and they have been getting their shipments. So WTG Chewy for being reliable with deliveries. I may order from them again when these shortages are a thing of the past.🙂
W Willowy That's the worst. TG you didn't encounter what I did--it was a real gross out. Those cases were cases I put in a storage area in my basement. I really didn't pick up an odor, I am baffled why I didn't. Yeah, that rancid smell when you open the box is truly repulsive. I wish they went back to the sturdier lids, but most people like to flimser lids because they are convenient and less accidents where you cut your fingers. Oh well, I hope I don't have another bad encounter with broken cat food cans. I am very cautious when I buy from the store, but I hope I don't have that problem if I go back to online deliveries. Not a pleasant thubg to go through.
Z zcb I am so sorry to hear things are that bad in Tampa. I hope you are able to get food from online orders or you can travel somewhere else that is better stocked. Hang in there. I am hearing from people all over the country and they are telling me that things are improving, so maybe things will be better this week in your neck of the woods. Hang in there. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 So glad to hear your order came in. Yay!!!:thumbsup: I have been talking to people all across the country who order Chewy and they have been getting their shipments. So WTG Chewy for being reliable with deliveries. I may order from them again when these shortages are a thing of the past.🙂
W Willowy That's the worst. TG you didn't encounter what I did--it was a real gross out. Those cases were cases I put in a storage area in my basement. I really didn't pick up an odor, I am baffled why I didn't. Yeah, that rancid smell when you open the box is truly repulsive. I wish they went back to the sturdier lids, but most people like to flimser lids because they are convenient and less accidents where you cut your fingers. Oh well, I hope I don't have another bad encounter with broken cat food cans. I am very cautious when I buy from the store, but I hope I don't have that problem if I go back to online deliveries. Not a pleasant thubg to go through.
Z zcb I am so sorry to hear things are that bad in Tampa. I hope you are able to get food from online orders or you can travel somewhere else that is better stocked. Hang in there. I am hearing from people all over the country and they are telling me that things are improving, so maybe things will be better this week in your neck of the woods. Hang in there. 🙂
"...Not a pleasant thubg to go through." I vote we use the word, "thubg" to describe exactly what is going on here. I vote for it to be official. :insertevillaugh::flail:

zcb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I once got a Chewy box that was a little banged up, not terrible, just the usual, and just tossed it in the storage area because I didn't need the food yet. I noticed a bit of an odor, but, well, I live in the country and odors happen. When I needed the food I cut the box open. . .and nearly died from the smell! Oh it was so bad. The flies weren't able to get into the box so no maggots, but wow, the decomp smell was powerful. So now I check all the cases when they come in, lol.

I've noticed it's always the pop-top cans that break open. I don't need the pop-tops; I use a smooth edge can opener because I like to let the dogs lick the cans out, but most brands are pop-top now so most people must prefer that.
That is horrible. I'm glad someone else doesn't like the pop-top cans. Some are really hard to get open.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
"...Not a pleasant thubg to go through." I vote we use the word, "thubg" to describe exactly what is going on here. I vote for it to be official. :insertevillaugh::flail:
Darn, my typos have been off the hook lately. I have some to thank auto correct for, but "Thubg" is one of my brilliant boo boos. Glad you like the word. Let's see if we can get that one into the Dictionary. We need more crazy words out there. 😉😁

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Z zcb Agree 100%. It really isn't that difficult to use a can opener. I still do on cans of beans and such. Hasn't cramped my style a bit.
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I'm prepared to do battle go get it done. :insertevillaugh:
Yay!!! That would be the greatest honor to have one of my typos actually become a real word found in the Dictionary. Now I won't feel so bad about my screw ups. Thanks. :lol::thumbsup:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks DreamerRose DreamerRose I hope those still struggling in their neck of the woods with shortages are able to take advantage of these Black Friday weekend deals at Chewy. So happy that things look like they are returning to normal.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will blame it on my Insomia. My sleep has been crappy this whole week. Although some days Auto correct can be the biggest pain in the you know what. So I blame it too. 😉 :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks DreamerRose DreamerRose I hope those still struggling in their neck of the woods with shortages are able to take advantage of these Black Friday weekend deals at Chewy. So happy that things look like they are returning to normal.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will blame it on my Insomia. My sleep has been crappy this whole week. Although some days Auto correct can be the biggest pain in the you know what. So I blame it too. 😉 :lol:
Insomnia? I know it well. But I'm still fighting for "thubg" to be accepted into the dictionary.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been able to find cat food via Amazon and I am a member of a facebook group for deals for cats. They post cheap deals for cat food. Someone just posted a wet cat food deal more than 50% off. I'm not sure I can post the link; mods please remove if the link is not allowed. facebook.com/groups/dealsforcats
Amazing, OCFurMama OCFurMama -- even though fb has locked me out, I could actually see that Page and share it to twitter! TYSM for sharing this.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I have been able to find cat food via Amazon and I am a member of a facebook group for deals for cats. They post cheap deals for cat food. Someone just posted a wet cat food deal more than 50% off. I'm not sure I can post the link; mods please remove if the link is not allowed. facebook.com/groups/dealsforcats
Thank you for sharing this. I really appreciate it. 🙂

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hope things improves for the better. This may be a messy month now that the Holiday Season is upon us. It is a shame we didn't have more time to get back to normal before entering this season.

Here is something I am now concerned with and that is the possibility of lockdowns in the near future due to this new Corona Virus varient-Omnicron. During the last lock down, cat food was not affected that much. However, if we have a new one and have barely recovered from the supply shortage situation, then it is possible that things may get worse.😬 Not mentioning all the other goods that would be affected. Sorry, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer. It is possible that they won't do lockdown this time, but if they do I am concerned with how bad it may be this time.

Your thoughts on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hope things improves for the better. This may be a messy month now that the Holiday Season is upon us. It is a shame we didn't have more time to get back to normal before entering this season.

Here is something I am now concerned with and that is the possibility of lockdowns in the near future due to this new Corona Virus varient-Omnicron. During the last lock down, cat food was not affected that much. However, if we have a new one and have barely recovered from the supply shortage situation, then it is possible that things may get worse.😬 Not mentioning all the other goods that would be affected. Sorry, I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer. It is possible that they won't do lockdown this time, but if they do I am concerned with how bad it may be this time.

Your thoughts on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 🙂
Personally, though the panic posse is in full swing and the media is fanning the flames as "if it bleeds, it leads" what I've read is that it is very mild. SO, hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I always try to look on the bright side, though it may not sound like it much these days; but when things are this dark, I think there's no place to look but up. And when it comes to my loved ones, I can't think any other way.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, though the panic posse is in full swing and the media is fanning the flames as "if it bleeds, it leads" what I've read is that it is very mild. SO, hopefully cooler heads will prevail. I always try to look on the bright side, though it may not sound like it much these days; but when things are this dark, I think there's no place to look but up. And when it comes to my loved ones, I can't think any other way.
I will try to be more upbeat, too. I believe in the saying - "Hope for the Best--but prepare for the worst." Hang tough. 💪🙂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.