Is an occasional small amount of goats milk okay for an adult cat?

Pi_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t know why but my cat seems to love it. It’s been a long winter already and I have anxiety, so some days I feel jumpy and I feel like he knows that. He’s a lot happier (or that’s my perception) when I’m calmer. I do give him lots of attention but would like to give him a bit of something now and then that is different. If it wouldn’t harm him of course.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with Kat0121 Kat0121 , but give him a small amount initially and do keep an eye on him. Some cats’ systems don’t do well with milk of any kind. It could be an upset stomach or soft stool or an allergic reaction of some kind.

• Purraise
Reactions: Pi_
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pi_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, that’s perfect! I will watch that and thank you for letting me know about raw. I will see if I can find some. I think it is allowed in my state.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pi_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with Kat0121 Kat0121 , but give him a small amount initially and do keep an eye on him. Some cats’ systems don’t do well with milk of any kind. It could be an upset stomach or soft stool or an allergic reaction of some kind.
Thanks Tobermory, I will go slow and keep an eye on him. He does have FIV and does have some sensitivities. I will watch his stools. Thank you.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Primal Pet sells a frozen goat milk just for pets: Goat Milk Select Variety Independent specialty pet stores will usually have this. It comes in flavors now but you just want the plain Original for cats.

The Honest Kitchen makes a powdered goat milk for pets: Instant Goat's Milk with Probiotics You can buy it directly from the web site.