Is 1-800-PetMeds OK to use?

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry if this is in the wrong area!

I'd like to know if 1-800-PetMeds is a reputable site? 

Which is better for fleas prevention, Frontline or Revolution? 

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta
Sorry if this is in the wrong area!

I'd like to know if 1-800-PetMeds is a reputable site? 

Which is better for fleas prevention, Frontline or Revolution? 
yes, 1-800-PetMeds is a reputable site. http://www.nabp.net/programs/accreditation/vet-vipps/find-a-vet-vipps-online-pharmacy/

revolution requires a prescription but covers fleas, heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, and ear mites

frontline covers fleas and ticks but i think advantage cover fleas the best (but only fleas)

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Revolution fan. FL just doesn't work as well on fleas as it used to. I learned this the hard way when I dropped $30 on a box of it for a new kitten who wasn't really infested, but had quite a few fleas (he's white so they are hard to miss). I use Revolution on Oksana, but her dose was higher than his weight and I didn't want to eyeball the dosage.

I applied it exactly as specified on the box. I've done it multitudes of times before so nothing was different, except for the fact that it didn't kill the fleas. I spoke with my vet when I got a revolution perscription for the kitten a few days later and he said that fleas are growing immune to commonly used products.

I assume Revolution is less common b/c it's script only & expensive as hell. I just know it works.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also prefer Advantage -Multi, (perception)  because it is for hart worms too. Also, the girls at the vet's office, said it works better on fleas.  It's a couple of dollars less than the Revolution. W/ tax, I pay 18.19/mo. for it.  It would be cheaper if I could afford to buy a few at a time, but haven't been able to do that. (so I just buy from the vet's)

I do order Angel's Oatmeal & Aloe shampoo & conditioner for his itchy skin from there. It's really nice.

Last edited:

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used them once for medication... I bought Revolution from them.  I wasn't really impressed because I didn't save any money.  I didn't spend more, either, but I didn't save which is their slogan.  My vet checks their prices and matches them!  But, I also used them because Petco site was messed up and I couldn't order my cats food.... They were about $3 cheaper than Petco.  They ship fast and you don't have to pay for shipping unlike with Petco if you don't spend up to $50.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used them once for medication. I bought Revolution from them. I wasn't really impressed because I didn't save any money. I didn't spend more, either, but I didn't save which is their slogan. My vet checks their prices and matches them! But, I also used them because Petco site was messed up and I couldn't order my cats food. They were about $3 cheaper than Petco. They ship fast and you don't have to pay for shipping unlike with Petco if you don't spend up to $50.
Did you need a prescription to order Revolution online?

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. You have to give them your vets information and they check it to make sure it's OK and you do actually use them and are a patient in good standing. But, once your vet gives the "all clear" they charge your card and ship it.
Pain in the butt. Why can't Revolution be OTC like every other topical flea killer on the market?

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Advantage "Multi" (which does everything Revolution does) is prescription only as well. My vet won't verify by phone unfortunately. It's a small chain of Vet offices and their policy is you have to come in and get a paper prescription (and pay for a visit).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also prefer Advantage -Multi, (perception)  because it is for hart worms too. Also, the girls at the vet's office, said it works better on fleas.  It's a couple of dollars less than the Revolution. W/ tax, I pay 18.19/mo. for it.  It would be cheaper if I could afford to buy a few at a time, but haven't been able to do that. (so I just buy from the vet's)

I do order Angel's Oatmeal & Aloe shampoo & conditioner for his itchy skin from there. It's really nice.
I turned down Revolution at the vet's because it was so bloody expensive. Online seems to be a better choice for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Advantage "Multi" (which does everything Revolution does) is prescription only as well. My vet won't verify by phone unfortunately. It's a small chain of Vet offices and their policy is you have to come in and get a paper prescription (and pay for a visit).
That would make me mad.