Irregular Dlh? Just Curious What She May Be Mixed With...

thricenine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! So Dinah's a 1.5 DLH and for most of her life I figured she was mixed with a Ragdoll or something because of how fluffy she is, and the fact that she's got such long, super-soft fur but basically doesn't shed. Her eyes are also huuuuge - my roommate refers to her as a little alien most of the time. I'm actually super allergic to cats (just take allergy pills cause I love cats more than I hate sneezing all the time) but I've never had any issue with dander off of her. Plus, I've brushed her before and nothing comes off? But her head/shape, eyes and coloring don't really match a Ragdoll's. She's also very small, maybe 6-7 lbs.

Anyway, today I saw the article on the front page of the site about Angoras, and started looking at them, and Turkish Vans, and one of those might fit? She has super long whiskers, and a bottle-brush sort of tail, plus the fur around her her neck/chest seems the longest and can sort of stick out from the rest of her body like a bit of a mane?

dinah1.jpg

dinah4.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

Just curious to hear what you guys think! Could she have been mixed with one of these two? I could be completely off, but either way I think I got a goldmine, she's so friendly, and soft and fluffy plus there's no white cat fur on any of my clothing.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Turkish Angoras are more slender than she is, though. My bet is this, that somewhere in her ancestry there is a Persian and a Siamese-family cat. She would inherit her long hair from the Persian, and her more triangular-shaped head from the Siamese-family cat. Her body type, is intermediate, a happy medium between the cobby (Persian) and svelte (Siamese family). She is very cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thricenine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info! That makes sense actually, she's very talkative when playing, too. Makes lots of little trilling noises when she's hunting or if I've gotten up and she's not finished yet. And thanks! I lucked out - she can be a little high-strung sometimes but her little face and her mannerisms + stealth affection are so cute.