IRC channel for TCS? Chatrooms for cat lovers?

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I should be posting here, but here we go...

Does such thing exist? I've always thought about it. I guess most of us are working or have busy lives so it may not be possible. But I think an IRC channel (a chatroom) for TCS might be something interesting. I've been on a few online communities where we would have our own IRC channel and drop by occasionally and talk about whatever. I've made some really good friends that I still talk to even after I left the communities. 

That said,

If there isn't an IRC channel or a chat room for TCS is there a chat room for cat lovers that you hang out in? I'm curious to find out. 

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None that I know of. Google has something called Google Hangouts now. There are 2 types from my understanding

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A chat room on this site would take a lot of server space. And attract cat-haters who want to shock people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was thinking more of an IRC channel with some moderators.

I do understand where you are coming from though, I just thought it might be fun to have real-time conversations with one another. :)

I have done google hangouts before. I do prefer IRC because it keeps a certain amount of privacy.

I guess most people just go on forums, yahoo groups, and facebok groups! :D

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkman

I guess most people just go on forums, yahoo groups, and facebok groups!
This is the only forum I am on. I don't do any kind of social network sites. I wouldn't be doing this if the people hadn't helped me when Silly had her eye removed and I needed information and reassurance.

I don't even do text on the phone, I have it blocked to my number by the cell provider.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's been suggested here before. One of the biggest stumbling blocks is the need for moderators who have the time and are willing to dedicate themselves to monitoring the chat room. You couldn't pay me enough to take on that job. Oh wait! TCS moderators are volunteers. Umm, nope. Still don't want the job. :dizzy:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a shame. I like chatrooms, especially with nice people. Some things to be shared that making a thread for just seems like overkill.