Iphone 11 Pro

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very dense but how long does a brand new iPhone 11 Pro take to update to the latest 13.5.1 software? I've been sitting for an hour and I need the phone. It won't even let me go to the home screen unless I update. Does anyone know? Thanks

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have an older iPhone and it takes a while to update now, but when it was newer it was definitely under 30 minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Right but the iPhone 11 is not an old phone

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are right and I did not mean to imply that it was. A new phone should not keep you waiting like that.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't get the phone to work and I needed it like 2 hours ago :(

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad was telling me a few weeks ago that my step-mother had just gotten a new iphone and spent hours trying to get it to set up and update. I don't know which one she got. DH and I got new iphone 8's last fall and it took me a little bit to get everything set up and updated.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I'm also wondering why I can't open and use apps on cellular data when not at home. I have unlimited data so that shouldn't be an issue. And like I said all Spectrum would tell me is to contact Apple. I really should have just upgraded the Samsung Galaxy I use for Metro PCS (spare phone for earning money) as the new iPhone is identical to the A20 sitting next to me right now.

I'm checking everything out though first before I call apple so I'm not making a million calls today as I really need the phone to work tomorrow when Mom and I are getting our haircut.

Why do I feel like I need a college degree in order to operate things that when I was a kid I'd just plug in and turn on. As convenient as all of this is I do miss those days (yes even the tinny sound of a record player with needle held down with quarter on top because of scratches and skips in the record.)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Under settings make sure cellular data is on and then make sure each app’s cellular data is turned on.
Cellular data is on for each app as well as the general cellular data

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm checking everything out though first before I call apple so I'm not making a million calls today as I really need the phone to work tomorrow when Mom and I are getting our haircut.
Enjoy your haircut, I can't wait to go. Fortunately my sister told me to go to the Apple store when I got my new iPhone. I purposely didn't get the latest model but my old one was ancient so I needed to update. They couldn't have been more helpful, e.g. walked me through everything, answered all my questions and basically set it up for me. The customers at my table were all there for iPhones and there wasn't anyone under the age of 50. :lol: I don't know if you live near an Apple store or if they're open yet otherwise I suggest calling Apple support when you have time. Good luck!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My nearest Apple store is shut down due to the rioting and being destroyed this week. So sadly I have to do chat or phone

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an iPhone 10XR and love it. I got it new.

When I update it, I do it overnight.

Anytime I have an issue I call APPLE Care.. they are awesome. With my old laptop, they have taken control of it, with my permission and helped me walk through things, as they watch. If the problem is more pronounced, they will make an appointment for the Apple Team at the store, in order to look at it.

So far, not really any issues with my phone. Since downloading the new operating system, Cataline; I am having an issue posting pictures on my Comcast email I think it is a Comcast problem. I just hate calling Comcast... ugh... I would rather call Apple.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just hate calling Comcast... ugh... I would rather call Apple.
Tell me about it. :rolleyes2: Every time we call Comcast we have to call back several times. That's just one of many reasons why I bought my iPhone from the Apple store.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you set default mail on iPhone 11 Pro IOS 13.5.1? I hate that Apple never makes anything easy. I've been spending the better part of 2 days trying to figure out where everything is. :(

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just call Apple--no charge, and they will walk you through it... seriously..

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I'm not getting much help from Apple on this. And again our store is closed due to rioting at the mall it's located at

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you set default mail on iPhone 11 Pro IOS 13.5.1? I hate that Apple never makes anything easy. I've been spending the better part of 2 days trying to figure out where everything is. :(
If it is like regular Iphones or I pad you go to PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNTS , and then choose to ADD ACCOUNT and then enter your preferred email provider

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
They removed the Passwords and Accounts from the setting. Only thing close is Face ID & Passcode; iTunes and App Store and Wallet and Apple Pay. And I'm not going to use Face ID or passcode because I'm only gone from the house 4 hours a week. I even looked at Setting/Mail and still nothing to change the default. I'm very sorry now I got this phone :( Ugh

Last edited: