Introducing: Sasha Yim

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

My mom's work friend recently moved and couldn't take her cat so she's our new family member.

Right now, she is confined to my bedroom but our cat, Simba, is so curious to see what is behind the door.

I hope that they will become friends soon! :) Until then, we'll take it slow, one day at a time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome for Sasha 

Someone is making herself at home.

Last edited:

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ahahaha but the fur doesn't stay put! I've tried using the Furminator to reduce some of her undercoat, and brushing her with different types of combs but her fur looks like she was just in some sort of static electricity generating machine. Is there some feline hair conditioner I am forgetting to use or something? 

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahahaha but the fur doesn't stay put! I've tried using the Furminator to reduce some of her undercoat, and brushing her with different types of combs but her fur looks like she was just in some sort of static electricity generating machine. Is there some feline hair conditioner I am forgetting to use or something? 

Yes there actually is an "Anti-Stat" product for cat coats.   for example one brand is Bio-Groom. 

Re brushes,  she reminds me something of a Ragdoll and I know  a lot of people use the Zoom Groom  on them.( by Kong) .  i have been told that you should at least some of the time use it in a circular motion.    You can get a lot of undercoat off that way , I think.   and many cats like the sort of massage feel.

Beautiful cat ( which I have already said, but doesn't hurt to say it again!    Great photos you  have added!     She really is gorgeous.   For an adult blue point ( actually blue tabby point  aka blue lynx point)  she has such a nice pale body without much shading outside the points -- very good pattern contrast and a nice even cool tone.    It is bizarre she was sold as a "seal point Siamese".  You'd think since  they were lying anyway,  they would at least call her a Ragdoll since she looks nothing like a Siamese besides being pointed, but could actually sorta pass for a Raggie. 

Simba is a very handsome cat too.  really nice classic tabby & white. 

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise