Introducing outdoor cat to rescue

Jenks1993

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So.. I have had a really good read of all the existing posts and done lots of research prior to posting on here. I hope someone can offer some advice!
We have a lovely 3 year old girl called Maisie (resident cat). She grew up with her brother Murphy who we sadly lost earlier this year. She handled it well and didn’t seem distressed. We then saw Lola up for adoption and took her in. She is also a 3 year old female who was described as being able to live with other cats.
We’ve had Lola little over a week and she’s settled in well to the spare room and started exploring the rest of the house when Maisie is outside. We’ve done considerable scent swapping/bowl swapping etc which seems to have gone well.
The issue we’re now having is exposing the cats to one another as Maisie spends a considerable amount of time outside especially in the nice weather; it’s so hard to get them both one side of a door or similar. I’m worried we’re reaching a stalemate and they won’t be able to meet unless we just let Lola loose but I’m aware of the repercussions of that. They did meet briefly in the lounge yesterday evening with no hissing etc but Lola has hissed a few times when she’s seen Maisie from a distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated! Photos attached for context 😊 Maisie is the black and white.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - Welcome!
If you can, this will be .. .. well, easier might not be a completely appropriate word since they're cats, after all, but better and less complicated for the process if you keep Maisie inside for the next few weeks, or wait and leave things as they are until the weather changes and Maisie is indoors by default.

In case you haven't had a chance to see this;

How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenks1993

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Thanks for the reply ☺
We tried keeping Maisie in but she gets extremely stressed when the cat flap isn’t working so we had to go back from that! Feeling a bit stuck but it might be that we have to wait for the weather to change somewhat.. never wanted some rain so much!!