Introducing Obi-Wan

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got a bit of a surprise when my girlfriend came home from work today. She brought along a new friend. A 5 year old Shih Tzu named Obi-Wan.

While she was at work, an employee from Petco came into the store and told her about this dog that had been brought in for grooming 4 days ago and the owner never returned. They tried contacting them several times, but the phone number was disconnected. Petco was going to send him to the local SPCA tomorrow (This particular shelter has a high kill rate for abandoned & stray animals). Knowing that we already have a Shih Tzu, they asked if she would be willing to take him home. My girlfriend loves Shih Tzus and couldn't resist. She left our contact info in case the owner returns, and we will certainly return Obi-Wan to them if that happens. If that happens we'll consider this our first fostering experience. However, we are also fully ready to accept Obi as permanent member of our family.

Here he is...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww he is precious
How sad if he was just left there. He is lucky to have found you guys, too

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sad that he was just left like that...
Must have been a pretty bad situation for the owner. Maybe they knew that by leaving him there, he had a better chance of finding a good home... He's gorgeous, and lucky he has you and your gf!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks adorable! I bet he's sad about his owner. Glad that you picked him up instead of leaving him for the SPCA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmanrob

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. It took him a few days to settle in, especially with the cats. A few of them got a little annoyed with him, but now there aren't any issues. He's definitely accepted his new home here. As for his previous owners, they never called or came by Petco looking for him. Since it's been over a week now (since they originally left him there), we're assuming they aren't coming back. I just wish I knew what the situation was. Why would someone abandon such a friendly, gentle dog? Whatever the reason, he's got a home for life now.