Introducing new cats

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hahahahaha, yep!!!!

But OH MY is he and Duncan cute!!!

I think Indy worships his big brother. :/ Look at that look!!! And Duncan is like "I'm cool, you are the younger uncool brother, don't cramp my style!!!". Hahahahaha

Body language looks fantastic in that pic as well.
Duncan was growling as I took the picture. Maybe 5 minutes later, they were relaxed and sleeping.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duncan was growling as I took the picture. Maybe 5 minutes later, they were relaxed and sleeping.
"Duncan was growling as I took the picture." - I did not see that. Indy knows he doesn't mean anything by it (for better or worse). I would have expected worse body language from both. :/

"Maybe 5 minutes later, they were relaxed and sleeping." - I am not surprised as they looked great. The fact Indy respected ) at least this time) really helped.

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Duncan - I had to take him to the vet this morning to get his nails trimmed. Long story short, he has very thick nails that are super hard to trim. Since he pants hard all the way to the vet's office, while waiting there, and then on the way home, it's so hard to take him in regularly.
Well anyway, I got him in this morning. A couple of the nails had curled around into his pads, one of the pads was infected. They gave him an antibiotic, pain meds, and a cone. He was so pitiful when he came home - bumping into walls, getting the cone stuck on the carpet/unable to move, and then he'd cry about it. It was such a sad sight.

The reason I'm posting is -
When I brought him home, Indy didn't see him come in. All he saw was an empty carrier. He frantically circled and sniffed the carrier, crawled inside. He was looking all over for Duncan. When he found him, he was so gentle, he even laid down next to Duncan (as close as Duncan would allow anyway). It's been hours now, and he's hardly tried to antagonize him. It's so amazing how animals sense when the other isn't feeling well, and they offer support in their own way.

I think things may be finally settling down. There's still the occasional chase and Duncan's annoyance, but overall, they both seem to be settling in. Hallelujah! :clap2:

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Duncan - I had to take him to the vet this morning to get his nails trimmed. Long story short, he has very thick nails that are super hard to trim. Since he pants hard all the way to the vet's office, while waiting there, and then on the way home, it's so hard to take him in regularly.
Well anyway, I got him in this morning. A couple of the nails had curled around into his pads, one of the pads was infected. They gave him an antibiotic, pain meds, and a cone. He was so pitiful when he came home - bumping into walls, getting the cone stuck on the carpet/unable to move, and then he'd cry about it. It was such a sad sight.

The reason I'm posting is -
When I brought him home, Indy didn't see him come in. All he saw was an empty carrier. He frantically circled and sniffed the carrier, crawled inside. He was looking all over for Duncan. When he found him, he was so gentle, he even laid down next to Duncan (as close as Duncan would allow anyway). It's been hours now, and he's hardly tried to antagonize him. It's so amazing how animals sense when the other isn't feeling well, and they offer support in their own way.

I think things may be finally settling down. There's still the occasional chase and Duncan's annoyance, but overall, they both seem to be settling in. Hallelujah! :clap2:
Poor Duncan but he got help and is on the way to recovery it sounds. I know how hard it is for some animals to go to the vet. It is so hard. :(

"When I brought him home, Indy didn't see him come in. All he saw was an empty carrier. He frantically circled and sniffed the carrier, crawled inside. He was looking all over for Duncan. When he found him, he was so gentle, he even laid down next to Duncan (as close as Duncan would allow anyway). It's been hours now, and he's hardly tried to antagonize him. It's so amazing how animals sense when the other isn't feeling well, and they offer support in their own way." - Oh my goodness. PURE LOVE!!! Indy really got attached quickly. I got a feeling that was going on but we now have great evidence. Animals really are amazing. The feelings, the ability to love, care, etc. Indy may not be perfect but he sure seems like the right cat for Duncan. That is SO BEAUTIFUL. You have no idea how much I needed this right now and how that helped.

"I think things may be finally settling down." - Fingers crossed. It will happen, just when. This is really good news to hear and ahead of schedule.

"There's still the occasional chase and Duncan's annoyance" - Yep, Indy is the annoying little brother. :/ But he loves Duncan and doesn't mean harm and that is the most important part.

" but overall, they both seem to be settling in." - Fantastic!!! REALLY great job!!! :rock:

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor Duncan but he got help and is on the way to recovery it sounds. I know how hard it is for some animals to go to the vet. It is so hard. :(

"When I brought him home, Indy didn't see him come in. All he saw was an empty carrier. He frantically circled and sniffed the carrier, crawled inside. He was looking all over for Duncan. When he found him, he was so gentle, he even laid down next to Duncan (as close as Duncan would allow anyway). It's been hours now, and he's hardly tried to antagonize him. It's so amazing how animals sense when the other isn't feeling well, and they offer support in their own way." - Oh my goodness. PURE LOVE!!! Indy really got attached quickly. I got a feeling that was going on but we now have great evidence. Animals really are amazing. The feelings, the ability to love, care, etc. Indy may not be perfect but he sure seems like the right cat for Duncan. That is SO BEAUTIFUL. You have no idea how much I needed this right now and how that helped.

"I think things may be finally settling down." - Fingers crossed. It will happen, just when. This is really good news to hear and ahead of schedule.

"There's still the occasional chase and Duncan's annoyance" - Yep, Indy is the annoying little brother. :/ But he loves Duncan and doesn't mean harm and that is the most important part.

" but overall, they both seem to be settling in." - Fantastic!!! REALLY great job!!! :rock:
I could never say thank you enough for all your help through this.

I hope things look up for you.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could never say thank you enough for all your help through this.

I hope things look up for you.
I can't say thank you enough for all the work you have done. YOU deserve the credit!!! You did such great work and you are the reason they are intro'd successfully and there is so much love.

Thank you. :/ I hope. There is such much sadness and so much out of my control. Thank you for your kind words and caring, means a lot.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully the picture will show up.
Indy is in time out for the third time today because he's being such a stinker. I just walked by and saw this:
My goodness is Duncan gorgeous!!!

Is he by Indy's door?

I have a feeling Duncan is feeling much better.

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My goodness is Duncan gorgeous!!!

Is he by Indy's door?

I have a feeling Duncan is feeling much better.
Yes, Indy was banned to the bathroom until he settled down. It's the third time today.
Indy is his usual pesky self - he just has to reach out and touch/annoy Duncan. Duncan fights back, growls, etc, but his ears are straight up, sometimes his tail is up, and he isn't really trying to get away. There are times he'll run to my side, but for the most part, he stays in the general area of Indy. I guess it can't be that bad. He was just never growl-y like this with Admiral.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Indy was banned to the bathroom until he settled down. It's the third time today.
Indy is his usual pesky self - he just has to reach out and touch/annoy Duncan. Duncan fights back, growls, etc, but his ears are straight up, sometimes his tail is up, and he isn't really trying to get away. There are times he'll run to my side, but for the most part, he stays in the general area of Indy. I guess it can't be that bad. He was just never growl-y like this with Admiral.
And Duncan was waiting for him? He was looking at you like "can't he come out now?". Too funny

It is interesting because my boy is really wild today. I wonder if it is the moon or something. Hmmmmmmmm

Yep, Indy is being that pesky little brother. That is great body language from Duncan. And I like he is holding near Indy. I think he understands Indy now, gets annoyed with him, but understands him.

"I guess it can't be that bad." - Yep, not bad at all.

The growling will reduce. My sibling cats (the female will growl at the boy when he is being bad) do that. It is really what happens after that matters. The fact Indy respects it about as well for a young cat can be expected to tells me it isn't a big deal and the fact Duncan is hanging around more is a great sign.

IF there were issues it would be a whole lot different. And Duncan would not be outside Indy's door. ;)

Boys......................................

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And Duncan was waiting for him? He was looking at you like "can't he come out now?". Too funny

It is interesting because my boy is really wild today. I wonder if it is the moon or something. Hmmmmmmmm

Yep, Indy is being that pesky little brother. That is great body language from Duncan. And I like he is holding near Indy. I think he understands Indy now, gets annoyed with him, but understands him.

"I guess it can't be that bad." - Yep, not bad at all.

The growling will reduce. My sibling cats (the female will growl at the boy when he is being bad) do that. It is really what happens after that matters. The fact Indy respects it about as well for a young cat can be expected to tells me it isn't a big deal and the fact Duncan is hanging around more is a great sign.

IF there were issues it would be a whole lot different. And Duncan would not be outside Indy's door. ;)

Boys......................................
I guess it's more screechy with Duncan, not really growling or hissing that I'm hearing at this point. I know I said "growl-y," but I was listening to him after I sent that.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it's more screechy with Duncan, not really growling or hissing that I'm hearing at this point. I know I said "growl-y," but I was listening to him after I sent that.
So kinda of taken by surprise sound? I think I know the sound you are talking about. Yeah, they will do that.

It is really how they act after that. You have great instincts so I think you'll know if it seems worrisome. I don't get a sense Indy has any bad intent in his peskiness.

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone on here dealt with the new cat taking the old kitty's favorite spots? Indy has completely taken over all of Duncan's favorite spots in the house, and it's really starting to piss me off. Up until now, Indy has stayed away from Duncan's carrier, which is Duncan's favorite place to be. I was annoyed, but at least Duncan still had that area. Now, Indy has taken over that. I just looked over, and poor Duncan is laying outside of the carrier, and Indy was sprawled out inside.
I don't know what I'm going to do with that cat. He annoys the hell out of me, but he's so stinkin' adorable at the same time. I am sick of all the biting (he bites me and Duncan constantly) and him completely taking over the house. I don't know what to do to right this ship.
HELP!
Oh, and merry Christmas, everyone!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone on here dealt with the new cat taking the old kitty's favorite spots? Indy has completely taken over all of Duncan's favorite spots in the house, and it's really starting to piss me off. Up until now, Indy has stayed away from Duncan's carrier, which is Duncan's favorite place to be. I was annoyed, but at least Duncan still had that area. Now, Indy has taken over that. I just looked over, and poor Duncan is laying outside of the carrier, and Indy was sprawled out inside.
I don't know what I'm going to do with that cat. He annoys the hell out of me, but he's so stinkin' adorable at the same time. I am sick of all the biting (he bites me and Duncan constantly) and him completely taking over the house. I don't know what to do to right this ship.
HELP!
Oh, and merry Christmas, everyone!
Merry Christmas!!!

"Has anyone on here dealt with the new cat taking the old kitty's favorite spots?" - Yep, many, many times. Happens all the time.

"Indy has completely taken over all of Duncan's favorite spots in the house, and it's really starting to piss me off." - Yes, a lot of cats do this. Most of the time it is because they want to share/be with the cat and sometimes it is territorial. So let's see which it is. I suspect it is the former but let's look at the evidence.

"Up until now, Indy has stayed away from Duncan's carrier, which is Duncan's favorite place to be." - Indy is getting more confident and more trusting of Duncan it sounds.

" I was annoyed" - Why were you annoyed he avoided the carrier?

"but at least Duncan still had that area." - Yes

" Now, Indy has taken over that." - Ok

"I just looked over, and poor Duncan is laying outside of the carrier, and Indy was sprawled out inside." - Oh my. Ok, this is where we figure it out. How close was Duncan to the carrier? What was his body language like?

"I don't know what I'm going to do with that cat. He annoys the hell out of me, but he's so stinkin' adorable at the same time." - Oh, I know. He is really adorable. He reminds me so much of one of mine.

"I am sick of all the biting (he bites me and Duncan constantly) and him completely taking over the house." - Are they love bites? Does he ever break your skin? How does Duncan act after (after the most likely reactive swat, hiss, etc). One of my outside ferals does this all the time. It is his way of showing love.

How is Duncan acting? So is Duncan avoiding any areas? Is he not eating normally or acting normally, walking normally, using the litter box differently, interacting with you differently, hiding?

"I don't know what to do to right this ship. HELP! " - So, this is how I have done it. I added more "things". So, my one girl took over the cat tree, I added another. She took over a bed, I added several others. I may get an identical carrier and set it up and see if they will each use one (I will say, it is nice to have a cat comfortable with a carrier!!). I stepped up play (though that really only helps if it is territorial which I get a sense it isn't with yours). I do a lot of love, a lot of loving words.

Do you get a sense Indy wants to cuddle with Duncan? Indy seems like he worships and loves Duncan (and kind of unexpectedly it seems Duncan may actually be warming up to him - but maybe I will change that view based on your response to my questions about how Duncan is acting). I have that picture in mind of Duncan waiting at the door for Indy when Indy was in his third timeout.

I suspect this will be a short term thing. But let's see your answers. We will get through it.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that happen between Mooshoo and Waffles. Moo as a kitten loved Waffles's spots, and yes she really loved Waffles. And I got some more spots for both. Waffles got to a point that he told Moo to leave his spot that she was occupying sometimes, she complied. Duncan may not mind too much?
Now they both have their separate spots they love, and sometimes will lay on the couching touching butts beside me (not too often though.)
It did take time! It happens.
Merry Christmas to you!

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"I just looked over, and poor Duncan is laying outside of the carrier, and Indy was sprawled out inside." - Oh my. Ok, this is where we figure it out. How close was Duncan to the carrier? What was his body language like?
He was laying right outside. Relaxed. I'm sure it pisses me off more than Duncan, since he's pretty easygoing.

"I am sick of all the biting (he bites me and Duncan constantly) and him completely taking over the house." - Are they love bites? Does he ever break your skin? How does Duncan act after (after the most likely reactive swat, hiss, etc). One of my outside ferals does this all the time. It is his way of showing love.
He never breaks the skin. Sometimes, they're little nibbles, I guess, but other times, it can be quite hard.
With Duncan - Duncan can be sleeping soundly somewhere, and Indy will walk up and bite him on the neck or butt. Duncan, whether he was sleeping or wide awake prior, cries out and runs away. It pretty much always starts a fight, naturally. He'll swat and stuff, too. Lots of times, he'll run to me and hang out, probably for protection.

How is Duncan acting? So is Duncan avoiding any areas? Is he not eating normally or acting normally, walking normally, using the litter box differently, interacting with you differently, hiding?
Duncan is acting normally, and he's even put on a half pound in the past few weeks, which is exciting. He walks around normally and uses the litter box as he always has. He's just as sweet as ever with me, no hiding. At night, he snuggles right in next to me on the bed. I'm still keeping Indy out in the house during the night with my bedroom door closed. It's nice, actually, since it gives me that time with Duncan. He has a whole night to not look over his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do to right this ship. HELP! " - So, this is how I have done it. I added more "things". So, my one girl took over the cat tree, I added another. She took over a bed, I added several others. I may get an identical carrier and set it up and see if they will each use one (I will say, it is nice to have a cat comfortable with a carrier!!). I stepped up play (though that really only helps if it is territorial which I get a sense it isn't with yours). I do a lot of love, a lot of loving words.
I already have 2 cat trees, and I just can't add another. That said, I've wondered if maybe I should change one of them out and get another like the first. Initially, I was excited about the 2nd one because it had a different setup, but Duncan rarely used the 2nd one, even before Indy. And now, the only time they use it is to look outside or that's where Indy sits at night to watch the fish eating. But they don't use the little teepee or hammock. :(

They do have places to sleep (nests, I call them) all around the house, so there are plenty. Offhand, I'm counting 5, and this doesn't include either carrier. Indy also likes to sleep under my bed, and that's not included here.

Do you get a sense Indy wants to cuddle with Duncan? Indy seems like he worships and loves Duncan (and kind of unexpectedly it seems Duncan may actually be warming up to him - but maybe I will change that view based on your response to my questions about how Duncan is acting). I have that picture in mind of Duncan waiting at the door for Indy when Indy was in his third timeout.
:lol: He's ALWAYS doing something to get himself in trouble.

I don't know that he wants to cuddle as much as he just loves being a pest and getting attention.
Duncan would be great with him, if Indy wasn't constantly biting and doing something to annoy him.

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had that happen between Mooshoo and Waffles. Moo as a kitten loved Waffles's spots, and yes she really loved Waffles. And I got some more spots for both. Waffles got to a point that he told Moo to leave his spot that she was occupying sometimes, she complied. Duncan may not mind too much?
Now they both have their separate spots they love, and sometimes will lay on the couching touching butts beside me (not too often though.)
It did take time! It happens.
Merry Christmas to you!

I hope it happens for these two. It might bother me more than it bothers Duncan.

Indy is being annoying as I type this. Duncan was curled up, sleeping under the dining room table. Indy walked over, flopped on his side, and then he started reaching out, messing with Duncan. Duncan has now gotten up, and he's wandering aimlessly. He has nowhere to go.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was laying right outside. Relaxed. I'm sure it pisses me off more than Duncan, since he's pretty easygoing.

He never breaks the skin. Sometimes, they're little nibbles, I guess, but other times, it can be quite hard.
With Duncan - Duncan can be sleeping soundly somewhere, and Indy will walk up and bite him on the neck or butt. Duncan, whether he was sleeping or wide awake prior, cries out and runs away. It pretty much always starts a fight, naturally. He'll swat and stuff, too. Lots of times, he'll run to me and hang out, probably for protection.

Duncan is acting normally, and he's even put on a half pound in the past few weeks, which is exciting. He walks around normally and uses the litter box as he always has. He's just as sweet as ever with me, no hiding. At night, he snuggles right in next to me on the bed. I'm still keeping Indy out in the house during the night with my bedroom door closed. It's nice, actually, since it gives me that time with Duncan. He has a whole night to not look over his shoulder.

I already have 2 cat trees, and I just can't add another. That said, I've wondered if maybe I should change one of them out and get another like the first. Initially, I was excited about the 2nd one because it had a different setup, but Duncan rarely used the 2nd one, even before Indy. And now, the only time they use it is to look outside or that's where Indy sits at night to watch the fish eating. But they don't use the little teepee or hammock. :(

They do have places to sleep (nests, I call them) all around the house, so there are plenty. Offhand, I'm counting 5, and this doesn't include either carrier. Indy also likes to sleep under my bed, and that's not included here.

:lol: He's ALWAYS doing something to get himself in trouble.

I don't know that he wants to cuddle as much as he just loves being a pest and getting attention.
Duncan would be great with him, if Indy wasn't constantly biting and doing something to annoy him.
"He was laying right outside. Relaxed." - Wow. Impressive. Duncan has accepted Indy. :)

"I'm sure it pisses me off more than Duncan, since he's pretty easygoing." - Yes. If it bothered him he would be different.

"He never breaks the skin." - Great. (not that it happens but that it is what I think it is).

" Sometimes, they're little nibbles, I guess, but other times, it can be quite hard." - Yep, sounds like love bites. Their way of showing affection. :/ My oldest girl does that as well.

"With Duncan - Duncan can be sleeping soundly somewhere, and Indy will walk up and bite him on the neck or butt." - Yep, that is a "let's play" and "I love you" thing. :/

" Duncan, whether he was sleeping or wide awake prior, cries out and runs away. It pretty much always starts a fight, naturally. He'll swat and stuff, too. Lots of times, he'll run to me and hang out, probably for protection. " - Yep, that is what my other boy does. Typical response. Then Duncan rebounds pretty quickly?

"Duncan is acting normally, and he's even put on a half pound in the past few weeks, which is exciting." - Wow, GREAT!!!

"He walks around normally and uses the litter box as he always has. He's just as sweet as ever with me, no hiding. At night, he snuggles right in next to me on the bed." - Perfect. Yep, successful intro.

I actually get a sense Duncan likes Indy (other than the annoying stuff).

"I'm still keeping Indy out in the house during the night with my bedroom door closed. It's nice, actually, since it gives me that time with Duncan. He has a whole night to not look over his shoulder. " - That is fine. And I assume Indy doesn't mind too much?

"I already have 2 cat trees, and I just can't add another." - That is fine, that is a good number.

"That said, I've wondered if maybe I should change one of them out and get another like the first. Initially, I was excited about the 2nd one because it had a different setup, but Duncan rarely used the 2nd one, even before Indy. And now, the only time they use it is to look outside or that's where Indy sits at night to watch the fish eating. " - I don't think you have to change it out until it gets overused and is ready.

"But they don't use the little teepee or hammock. :( " - :( Cats.............

"They do have places to sleep (nests, I call them) all around the house, so there are plenty. Offhand, I'm counting 5, and this doesn't include either carrier. Indy also likes to sleep under my bed, and that's not included here." - Yes, a lot of places. I would maybe move one next to the carrier if possible. Other than that, there are a lot of options which is great.

":lol: He's ALWAYS doing something to get himself in trouble." - Yep, I know the type!!! Too well!! ;)

"I don't know that he wants to cuddle as much as he just loves being a pest and getting attention." - Yep, he idolizes him I think. :/

"Duncan would be great with him, if Indy wasn't constantly biting and doing something to annoy him." - Sounds like it. Duncan seems to like him even with the annoying younger brother stuff. I am interested to hear what they are doing (together) in 3-6 months.......................... I have a feeling I know where this is heading. ;)

I honestly didn't think Duncan would be this accepting this quickly. Indy is a better negotiator than I thought. What a character!!!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it happens for these two. It might bother me more than it bothers Duncan.

Indy is being annoying as I type this. Duncan was curled up, sleeping under the dining room table. Indy walked over, flopped on his side, and then he started reaching out, messing with Duncan. Duncan has now gotten up, and he's wandering aimlessly. He has nowhere to go.
"Indy walked over, flopped on his side, and then he started reaching out, messing with Duncan." - He SO WANTS Duncan to play...................... :/

Honestly, was it kinda cute? I know it is annoying but Indy was kinda cute, wasn't he?

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
" Sometimes, they're little nibbles, I guess, but other times, it can be quite hard." - Yep, sounds like love bites. Their way of showing affection. :/ My oldest girl does that as well.
Indy also tries to trap me - so he'll come over, want attention. He'll eat it up for a few seconds (sometimes it's instant) and then bite me.

" Duncan, whether he was sleeping or wide awake prior, cries out and runs away. It pretty much always starts a fight, naturally. He'll swat and stuff, too. Lots of times, he'll run to me and hang out, probably for protection. " - Yep, that is what my other boy does. Typical response. Then Duncan rebounds pretty quickly?
It usually turns into a battle. Once he gets away from Indy, though, he's back to being himself.

I actually get a sense Duncan likes Indy (other than the annoying stuff).
I hope so.

"I'm still keeping Indy out in the house during the night with my bedroom door closed. It's nice, actually, since it gives me that time with Duncan. He has a whole night to not look over his shoulder. " - That is fine. And I assume Indy doesn't mind too much?
Not at all. He sleeps and when I get up to go to the bathroom, he'll follow me for attention. I go back to the bedroom, and he goes back to bed. I don't usually hear Indy outside my bedroom door until he can hear me rustling around as I'm waking up.

"That said, I've wondered if maybe I should change one of them out and get another like the first. Initially, I was excited about the 2nd one because it had a different setup, but Duncan rarely used the 2nd one, even before Indy. And now, the only time they use it is to look outside or that's where Indy sits at night to watch the fish eating. " - I don't think you have to change it out until it gets overused and is ready.
I was just thinking that it would give Duncan a box to sleep in, too.

"But they don't use the little teepee or hammock. :( " - :( Cats.............
Right? I thought it was so cute when I first saw it, and I was excited because it gave Duncan enough of a variety. I guess I overthought that!

"Duncan would be great with him, if Indy wasn't constantly biting and doing something to annoy him." - Sounds like it. Duncan seems to like him even with the annoying younger brother stuff. I am interested to hear what they are doing (together) in 3-6 months.......................... I have a feeling I know where this is heading. ;)
I hope it's somewhere good!

I honestly didn't think Duncan would be this accepting this quickly. Indy is a better negotiator than I thought. What a character!!!
I keep thinking I should've name Indy "Harry," as in Prince Harry. He kind of plays by his own rules, and he's a ginger. :)